• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Soooo....as you probably know I have often declared on these forums my dislike for SL ski-too short, too nervous, too twitchy, not stable at speed yada, yada, yada...so my next purchase makes perfect sense, I am sure you will agree:

View attachment 170329

View attachment 170330

:ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin:

In my defence- I have never ever mentioned anything about FIS SL, so there is that.
Thanks to @DocGKR for the advise.

I am a bit puzzled tho-on the web-site where I bought them from and also on some others the radius is stated as 13 meters for 121/67/104.
As you can see here, it is not the case with this particular pair.

Have I been screwed or what?
Not necessarily I have seen ski graphics that are not correctly labeled. I would double check with a metric rule and report back.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not necessarily I have seen ski graphics that are not correctly labeled. I would double check with a metric rule and report back.

Check what? The radius? :ogbiggrin: They are 165cm sure and yet it says A12.I have only seen such ski in a Japanese YT vid about the Hero Athlete, so not sure what to think and am yet to receive a reply from the guys at skicenter.it

Funny enough on the same site the Dynastars that are supposedly the same ski:

are indicated as 12m for the same dimensions.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Check what? The radius? :ogbiggrin: They are 165cm sure and yet it says A12.I have only seen such ski in a Japanese YT vid about the Hero Athlete, so not sure what to think and am yet to receive a reply from the guys at skicenter.it

Check the width of the tip, waist, and tail. To see if they match the sizes on your graphics. That is what I was referring to about the sizes not matching the numbers on the graphic. Example of this is the Head i-Titen, the graphic states the waist is 76MM but when I measured it the size is 80MM. I think I even posted a picture of the measurement.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Check the width of the tip, waist, and tail. To see if they match the sizes on your graphics. That is what I was referring to about the sizes not matching the numbers on the graphic. Example of this is the Head i-Titen, the graphic states the waist is 76MM but when I measured it the size is 80MM. I think I even posted a picture of the measurement.

I think I got it. 121/67/104 is indeed the 20/23 model and it is 12 m. Last year's model is 118/67/104 and is 13 m.

Why do all the web-sites post incorrect pictures I do not know.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What’s an A12? Is there a plate on it?

The radius. They come with R22 plate on. I bought mine without bindings as the only option at this time was SPX 15 in hot..lava or whatever, which are nice but the colourway of this ski just calls for green SPX 15s. Which are nowhere to be found atm so I will wait.

James

Out There
Instructor
The radius. They come with R22 plate on.
The ski is called an A12. Weird.
Same dimensions as @Ivan ’s Dynastar listed as 13m and the current Rossi A13.
2023:
8362B981-D152-4681-8676-85AC8EED76AE.jpeg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The ski is called an A12. Weird.
Same dimensions as @Ivan ’s Dynastar listed as 13m and the current Rossi A13.
2023:
View attachment 170361

A12/A13 in only on the tails indicating the radius, otherwise it is Hero Athlete FIS SL Factory.

No idea where all this confusion comes from but I am keeping these, will ski them and if I do not like them will buy the last season Dynastars at 118/67/104.

Will report back when I hear anything from the guys at skicenter.it ....IF I hear anything that is because those are men of few words as it seems.

P.S. I just checked the pictures of Ivan's Dynastars-same dimensions as these Heros 121/67/104 and they are also stated as 12m.

P.P.S. A12/13 must mean Athlete 12/13 as the radius on the Hero Masters is indicated as M17/19/21

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have the Hero Master M13 here. Published dims are 118/67/104 in the 165cm.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have the Hero Master M13 here. Published dims are 118/67/104 in the 165cm.

Yes, this is the sidecut of last year's Hero Athlete FIS SL and Dynastar WC FIS SL-at 165 and 13m. Seems they changed them for this season.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Why does it even matter whether it is 12 or 13 meter ski. All that goes out the window once the ski is tipped.

Now, let me say it one more time. It's not the arrow, it's the Indian.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why does it even matter whether it is 12 or 13 meter ski. All that goes out the window once the ski is tipped.

That's true. It doesn't. But when Rossignol states 13m and delivers 12m one cant help being mildly puzzled.

Stockli never does that for example. :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier

The official Rossi 22/23 catalog says that the radius is 12m. Check pages 8 and 9 here. I actually don't know why skicenter.it lists the limited edition Rossi skis as A13, though I would imagine with race skis different specs are possible (depending on the athlete, for instance).

Sponsor

Staff online