• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Dynastar 2021 165 FIS Slalom
With Rockerace SPX15 Forza
7F266159-2FA4-4BB5-8DBA-C1DC2CDA86E6.jpeg

049A6471-CF9F-4522-B6E4-6D7F62A745F9.jpeg

Forza looks good. This ensures better performance... From Ebay Oh Canada.

3454322E-FEA8-414F-9764-9F27EDF09FE2.jpeg

It’s practically a fat ski. Should be good off road.

Meets the requirements.
-Round tip
-No hole in tip
-Black base: 90% ok. (has blue in front like top sheet)
I know, this is like, “must have windshield, wipers and four wheels” for a car. Fischer is doing it’s darndest to destroy it. Note- I love my Fischer, but it’s yellow base is slower than dirt. And the hole adds drag in powder and makes lots of noise on your shins in slush.
Bonus clincher-
Has a decent amount of edge.
Bonus karma-
Clement Noel just won the Zagreb slalom on a ski with the same top sheet graphic. Note I purchased before he won, which is why he won.

Clincher for Dynastar. Rossi and Volkl ok too. Maybe even Atomic, but I forget. Not ok- Blizzard 2020.
50390614-2BB4-432F-813B-E10164F58131.jpeg

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dynastar 2021 165 FIS Slalom
With Rockerace SPX15 Forza
View attachment 128147

View attachment 128144
Forza looks good. This ensures better performance... From Ebay Oh Canada.

View attachment 128146
It’s practically a fat ski. Should be good off road.

Meets the requirements.
-Round tip
-No hole in tip
-Black base: 90% ok. (has blue in front like top sheet)
I know, this is like, “must have windshield, wipers and four wheels” for a car. Fischer is doing it’s darndest to destroy it. Note- I love my Fischer, but it’s yellow base is slower than dirt. And the hole adds drag in powder and makes lots of noise on your shins in slush.
Bonus clincher-
Has a decent amount of edge.
Bonus karma-
Clement Noel just won the Zagreb slalom on a ski with the same top sheet graphic. Note I purchased before he won, which is why he won.

Clincher for Dynastar. Rossi and Völkl ok too. Maybe even Atomic, but I forget. Not ok- Blizzard 2020.
View attachment 128148
Hizo en España? Not Fabrique en France? ;)

They look super cool; nice understated graphics and fun Pivots, oops, SPX. Just in time for spring skiing.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I didn't purchase anything buy I just saw that Renoun skis is having a Blemished Ski Sale. They say they get a two year warranty and the skis only have cosmic issues.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
And....added Lange XT 120 Free

1616278564838.jpeg

(stock image)

Also for travel I have added Zipfit Gara liners. I’ll still use the factory liners where I intend to do more devoted AT.

James

Out There
Instructor
I just got some from Canada too. The Forzas go well with this 2x4. @James, I thought you didn't like the Look heels and were looking to get out.

View attachment 129251
2 mm edges?
Well you’re stuck with Look with the plate.
I will say though, that the SPX 15 Rockerace heel is much better getting in. So far it’s a non factor thankfully. I think my other horror show is PX15?

Haven’t measured the edges, but it’s enough I think. The ‘20 Blizzard is visually like half that. Looks like it’s been raced for a season even 2. Same with my Fischer gs. Really annoying to have to think of dulling them and losing even more edge to a file by throwing them sideways on ice. Ridiculous. These things are expensive.

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Got the Candide 1.0 to finish out my collection of the 2.0 and 3.0. Huge Spring deals on the skis and bindings.

When getting my bindings installed at Corbetts I played with a pair of flat 184cm Head eTitans that I was pondering along with the Deacon 84s before I got them. Was offered an insane deal on them and couldn’t say no. Lol
Hearing they might not offer without the system bindings next year as they didn’t sell that well flat. Still not in love with the system bindings of the Deacons-negative ramp and a pain to get out of.

Swapped out the black Attack 13 bindings I had installed for green Attack 16s on another pair pair of skis to add some weight to them. Look less “Dad like” with the green.
5775490A-25DD-4A6B-9B80-CA1CE9F2E065.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I transformed my backup pair of Laser AX skis into these
Wow... that's impressive. Did you do a lot of base and topsheet work, and have to order a bunch of stuff and use a press? Or are you actually magic?

:ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online