• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Can I just say that this picture deserves, no, absolutely DEMANDS to be used in a captioning contest. Start a new thread with this picture and let's see what develops. I have a few ideas a brewin'... ;) :ogbiggrin:
Yeah, comfy AF Christmas!

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Purchase brag

i stole these off Sierra just before Christmas

042CBD7B-D3BB-4FD4-B6BD-C377B49D7936.jpeg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Purchase brag

i stole these off Sierra just before Christmas

View attachment 152613
Looked at Sierra in case any new deals were up and they dropped the one CT 3.0x lot down to $299.99 and they have 2 left of the 169cm on that listing.

I looked at similar Factions as they didn’t have this exact ski in the Soothski.com site vs the 156cm Kenja and as I assumed, the tip/tail flex is a bit stiffer on the Factions but softer underfoot with the Kenja being stiffer torsional. When not on edge, the CT 3.0x will feel like a shorter ski because of it’s rocker and more forward mount even mounted at -3cm.

My buddies wife went up a similar jump up in length from her Kore 97W to the Agent 3.0x for her powder skis and the Agent has less rocker, a flat tail and more traditional mount than the CT 3.0x. She’s skied 13 days this year so far in Whistler, all on the Agent as she likes it so much! Same story with my buddy on his CT 3.0 vs his “daily driver” Rustler 10s that I doubt will see snow this year as the CT 3.0 such a better ski.

Worst case you could flip them and make money if she doesn’t like them next Fall at that price!

CO Freeskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Blizzard Bonafide 97 189cm and Salomon STH2 16 are on the way! Retired my last pair of raceroom Dynastar Legend Pros and the Bonafide was the only thing I demoed that was close :)

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Blizzard Bonafide 97 189cm and Salomon STH2 16 are on the way! Retired my last pair of raceroom Dynastar Legend Pros and the Bonafide was the only thing I demoed that was close :)
Sounds like someone got a great Corbetts deal. FYI if you ask them nicely they will mount the skis for you before they ship them.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
178cm Deacon 72 Master Skis with XComp 12 bindings on a great deal from Corbetts along with a new ski bag that I got for 60% off!
Was worried about what the tune was going to be like after seeing a “1.4 degree base” advertised on their website but the bases were flatbase edge close to 1 degree and sides near 3 degrees. Just a light tune needed to perfect them and then waxed them

Liking the flex on them and look forward to trying them out next week.

26096EDC-4F2C-426B-A820-4D0DD6D18DE1.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
178cm Deacon 72 Master Skis with XComp 12 bindings on a great deal from Corbetts along with a new ski bag that I got for 60% off!
Was worried about what the tune was going to be like after seeing a “1.4 degree base” advertised on their website but the bases were flatbase edge close to 1 degree and sides near 3 degrees. Just a light tune needed to perfect them and then waxed them

View attachment 153359
These are surprising supple compared to how they look on paper.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
These are surprising supple compared to how they look on paper.
Was surprised when I flexed them as they are almost identical to all my other “playful charger” skis. Pretty solid tip to tail but not super stiff. Think they will be a playful, fun carver!

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Bought a pair of used LEKI Stealth S poles off of GearTrade for 37.50 shipped. Not sure if I'll use the straps or not. I may just go strapless.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
Corbett's. Line Sick Day 94. Been too curious about this ski ever since switching out of the snowboard. Basically looking for something with some nice low-speed manners for drifting around the resort with my young boys. I'm attracted to the "low-tech" construction and freeride shape in a sub-100mm ski. Really liked the graphics this season, and was hoping to snag my size if/when they hit sale prices. BOOM!
I'm 140lbs, 5'10" and will be skiing the 179. I hope to be able to provide feedback for interested parties before the end of this month(JAN). For how long this ski has been in production there is shockingly little information available from actual skiers.

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier

View attachment 153359
That is a good looking pair of skis!

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well its been 4 months since I got them and I wanted to brag back then but for no good reason I didn't. I also didn't take any pictures because I did't buy them for there looks , even more I certainly did't need them as they slid into a gap so small in my quiver sane people would say there is no gap at all. But truth is I wanted them as I felt they would be as some say "just what the Doctor ordered" . although I certainly am not a Dr. I do know what I like in a ski, which so far is a wood core, 2 layers of metal, little or no rocker, and camber..I also don't go too long as I am certainly on. the backside of the mogul so I got 170's . I have skied them three days and the smile keeps getting bigger and bigger. So my purchase is the loved by many here , Blosson AM 77 with the Vast Speedlock plate. Now what am I going to do with the Stockli"s???

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looky what showed up today just in time for upcoming trip:)

New 2021 Nordica Doberman Spitfire RB72 180CM. Reviews said they're probably too much ski for me so we'll see in a couple weeks.

View attachment 154629
Wow... they seem kind of short for you.

Oh wait... you're talking about the black ones.

Nevermind.

:ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online