• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Ski Shoe…Now Open in Park City

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Redster and the Lange RS have significantly stances, the Lange is more upright and the Atomic is more aggressive. If the Lange is workign for you, don't fix what isn't broken.

Oh but we are not talking about replacing the RS 130, no. It is about adding to the boot quiver. :ogbiggrin:

P.S. It is 12 vs 16 degrees fw lean, right?

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What I love about the Lange RS is they handle both soft snow/wide skis and hard snow/narrow skis so well. Do you find the Redsters versatile like that? I’ve heard a lot of positive things about them.

The RS130 are great boots, I love mine to bits and although I got the Redsters, the Langes arent going anywhere. I will ski them both. But you already went the WRT way, so…..did I mention unavoidable?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW my own RS 130 look almost exactly the same-the liners, the straps, the cat tracks…same same. Except for that electronic thingy on the cuff which I do not know what is.
And mine are waaaay more scuffed

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Redster and the Lange RS have significantly stances, the Lange is more upright and the Atomic is more aggressive. If the Lange is workign for you, don't fix what isn't broken.
I was just curious. I'm very happy with the Langes, my wanderlust is confined to skis....er mostly.

BTW my own RS 130 look almost exactly the same-the liners, the straps, the cat tracks…same same. Except for that electronic thingy on the cuff which I do not know what is.
mine are waaaay more scuffed
It's a Sidas battery for bootheaters. My other boots for powder, crud days are RX-130-s. That's my quiver below with my prior RSs. I doubt I'll be grabbing the RXs much anymore with the RS boots as dialed as they are.

13F788A3-1598-401F-92C0-485C1C11AF57.jpeg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was just curious. I'm very happy with the Langes, my wanderlust is confined to skis....er mostly.

I had 3 pairs of Fischer Vac prior to the Atomic. Loved the Fischer(s). Completely different stance between the Fischer & Atomic.
I liked how the Fischer skied. Unfortunately, there were durability issues. The Fischer skied well right after the heat molding. Skied well with a snug fore foot fit. Had them molded at 14°.. Very natural stance.
The Atomic took a while to warm up to. About 20 days of skiing and lots of work. Mainly to address stance and feel. Not an easy transition.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had 3 pairs of Fischer Vac prior to the Atomic. Loved the Fischer(s). Completely different stance between the Fischer & Atomic.
I liked how the Fischer skied. Unfortunately, there were durability issues. The Fischer skied well right after the heat molding. Skied well with a snug fore foot fit. Had them molded at 14°.. Very natural stance.
The Atomic took a while to warm up to. About 20 days of skiing and lots of work. Mainly to address stance and feel. Not an easy transition.
I remember you in the Fischer’s on that day when you were skiing in comfort while I was dealing with off again on again problems. I have several friends/acquaintances who also had to let go of their Vacs.

L39E

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just came back to thank the OP for posting this thread. I live in Park City and went to see Brian before the season and have been in an extremely happy place since, almost 30 ski days into the season. I went in with an open mind about what shells to buy, I just wanted him to work with my existing Zipfits.

@Lorenzzo I am also on the RS130 with Booster straps and Zipfits and have a set of WRT PRO on order so If you see a dude with the same gear at DV/PC on a groomer day you will know it is me.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll look for you! Thanks for posting your experience.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an appointment with Brian tomorrow afternoon. My alignment is just not right, and with such a high performance boot as the Redster sti 110, I want to be DIALED. It's giving me fits on my left side in crud and powder, and just feels "off" on groomers.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, put me in the very unhappy with my experience category. I now have a 2 degree outward cant on my right boot (most I've had on that side is .5 degrees) and I literally can't ski the boots now, at least not on my "fat" skis (93 under foot, not exactly that fat.) He didn't assess my stance in the shell and do a cuff alignment, he did not inspect my footbeds and how they supported my foot, just went straight to assessing canting and threw a 5mm lifter on to add insult to injury, so now I have very little material left to fix the issue. (It's BAD.) Ironically, my left boot is the one I wanted addressed, as I can ski the right boot OK although I do know there are issues there. He didn't even acknowledge that my fore/aft could be the issue despite being hypermobile and me pointing out that I am hypermobile.

I am furious. Why do women get dismissed like this? I am now not sure if I can salvage these boots, which makes me literally sick to my stomach because anyone who knows what I've gone through with my ultra-low-volume feet knows I had to hunt high and low for these boots and ended up ordering them from Canada. The shells fit so well. My interim fix is going to be do duct tape what I hope is 1 degree to get them more level and hope I can ski them. In the meantime, I am out $200+ and a pair of boots that I felt maybe needed some cuff adjustments and possibly heel of boot board ground down, but not 2 degrees of canting that I am now stuck with.

With all the recommendations and the website with videos of the process and interviews, I thought I would be asked a lot more questions and taken more seriously. Disappointed is an understatement...

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, put me in the very unhappy with my experience category. I now have a 2 degree outward cant on my right boot (most I've had on that side is .5 degrees) and I literally can't ski the boots now, at least not on my "fat" skis (93 under foot, not exactly that fat.) He didn't assess my stance in the shell and do a cuff alignment, he did not inspect my footbeds and how they supported my foot, just went straight to assessing canting and threw a 5mm lifter on to add insult to injury, so now I have very little material left to fix the issue. (It's BAD.) Ironically, my left boot is the one I wanted addressed, as I can ski the right boot OK although I do know there are issues there. He didn't even acknowledge that my fore/aft could be the issue despite being hypermobile and me pointing out that I am hypermobile.

I am furious. Why do women get dismissed like this? I am now not sure if I can salvage these boots, which makes me literally sick to my stomach because anyone who knows what I've gone through with my ultra-low-volume feet knows I had to hunt high and low for these boots and ended up ordering them from Canada. The shells fit so well. My interim fix is going to be do duct tape what I hope is 1 degree to get them more level and hope I can ski them. In the meantime, I am out $200+ and a pair of boots that I felt maybe needed some cuff adjustments and possibly heel of boot board ground down, but not 2 degrees of canting that I am now stuck with.

With all the recommendations and the website with videos of the process and interviews, I thought I would be asked a lot more questions and taken more seriously. Disappointed is an understatement...
You might consider scheduling a follow up with Brian. I haven’t known him to be dismissive whether male or female. You might give him a chance to explain his thought process as to the issues you raised.

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
If canting brought you to a neutral stance, something that you’ve never experienced before, it’s going to take some time to adjust to.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If canting brought you to a neutral stance, something that you’ve never experienced before, it’s going to take some time to adjust to.
It was the dine in the wrong side. I got it redone in Sun Valley but the opposite side and it immediately felt better. In fact, it’s the best I’ve ever felt on skis

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It was the dine in the wrong side. I got it redone in Sun Valley but the opposite side and it immediately felt better. In fact, it’s the best I’ve ever felt on skis
I’ll just say to accuse someone of sexism without a basis because you didn’t like the service they provided doesn’t say much about you or your opinion. And it’s actionable, particularly in this case. If you knew his wife you’d realize what a stupid, baseless claim that is. She’s a high level trainer and athlete.

So you went to him once, can’t explain why he did what he did, didn’t consult him in a follow-up but posted a baseless rant. Further, you’re an intermediate who somehow knows exactly how your alignment should have been handled. I’m aware of other extreme whiners for whom he’s gone to great lengths and made happy. Further, I understand your other is considering a similar business. I for one am glad he’s free of you.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll just say to accuse someone of sexism without a basis because you didn’t like the service they provided doesn’t say much about you or your opinion. And it’s actionable, particularly in this case. If you knew his wife you’d realize what a stupid, baseless claim that is. She’s a high level trainer and athlete.

So you went to him once, can’t explain why he did what he did, didn’t consult him in a follow-up but posted a baseless rant. Further, you’re an intermediate who somehow knows exactly how your alignment should have been handled. I’m aware of other extreme whiners for whom he’s gone to great lengths and made happy. Further, I understand your other is considering a similar business. I for one am glad he’s free of you.
I accused him of sexism? HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME, LORENZZO! I have been down the boot fitting path before more than once, and the one person who did the best job listening was Matt Schiller. However, he is off this winter AND he is really difficult to get in with. I have been laughed at and mocked on this very forum because I have several factors that make boot fit extremely challenging for me and somehow there are a few who find it amusing. Funny thing is that another member here who is having similar issues was told by Brent Amsbury that most hypermobile "gumby's" like us give up on skiing because we get so frustrated with boots. I was expecting a much more thorough analysis in the shell of the boot, and of the issues I have been having by Brian, including dorsiflexion. What's interesting is at Sturtevant's in Sun Valley, he looked at my dorsiflexion and knew immediately I needed a gas pedal of some sort AND he assessed my lateral alignment and determined I was canted the wrong way. And he was right. The difference is night and day!

I spent my entire life analyzing movement of 1000 pound animals beneath me. I was DAMN good at it and have several regional and national titles to prove it. I've worked with farriers and trainers from all over the country dialing in horses hooves so that they travel well and evenly. I've done saddle fitting, used various bits and aids to make the horse the most soft and comfortable in the mouth and body. I ride with one stirrup shorter than the other and have since I was a kid because it just FEELS RIGHT. I am very sensitive to the smallest of sensations and my brain is trained to listen to and feel these things. You have never even seen me ski! How are you qualified to determine at what level I ski, and how is that level relevant in my ability to feel different sensations going on with my boots? Talk about being dismissive!

One of my biggest issues is I am TOO DAMNED NICE and tend to freeze up when I get into situations where something doesn't feel right or I'm wanting some time to think about the situation. I did NOT get the level of service I was expecting and was charged $200+ for work on a pair of boots that I literally couldn't ski--I tried for two days. Would that make YOU happy? Would YOU go back to that same person? I would have loved nothing more than to have had the work he did transform my skiing, which is what has happened since I went to Sun Valley and had my boots worked there.

Not sure where you're getting the information that "my other" is considering a similar business? That is the biggest falsehood I've heard in quite awhile. He's had people tell him he should open a tune shop. That's as far as that has ever gone.

Sponsor

Staff online