• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TV coverage for 2020-2021?

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
That was Dressen's "coming out party" race.... he'd only had 1 podium before that. Lots of fun to watch that in the bar and see someone come from out of nowhere for the win.
Yep. Great run. Wife was in the bathroom, under the grandstand, for his run, but don't think she cared that much about each individual run.
Svindal won the SG and stayed in room next to us (great guy). Kristoffersen won the Kitz SL. Hirscher won the Night Race (HK got pegged with snowballs, see below gif)
My wife does often remind me that there is no comparison between (towns) Kitzbuhel and Schladming. She of course liked the high-end shopping in Kitz.

HK_Snowball.gif

Last edited:

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I was at my 4th Hahnenkamm this past Jan, but made it to my first Schladming. That Night SL is amazing!! Lucky to have gotten in and out from the States before the World changed. Went with @Average Joe and others
Great picture! Very different from my view for Night Slalom. I was on a roof party and my room balcony (with TV with race on ORF behind me). Great view, the pic below (from my room) doesn't quite give it justice.
Anyway, not having these events carried in the US is a disservice to alpine skiing - but a good incentive to go back. Goal is to do Wengen -> Kitz -> Schladming next time.

Schladming_from_hotel_2018.jpg

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great picture! Very different from my view for Night Slalom. I was on a roof party and my room balcony (with TV with race on ORF behind me). Great view, the pic below (from my room) doesn't quite give it justice.
Anyway, not having these events carried in the US is a disservice to alpine skiing - but a good incentive to go back. Goal is to do Wengen -> Kitz -> Schladming next time.

View attachment 112471
Nice !! Being up close to take pics like this is fun, but a roof party also sounds awesome. And I also want to add Wengen !
9EB149B0-4618-41EE-9205-D1D010AF9D3D.jpeg

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Well Solden is viewable this weekend- let’s see about the rest of the Austrian races.

Last edited:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Weird, I clinked on the link in the skiracing.com post and got a message saying "This event isn't available in your location" (I'm in the US). What are we meant to do?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Well Solden is viewable this weekend- let’s see about the rest of the Austrian races.
hopefully there will be a repeat broadcast somewhere. I don’t plan to be up at 2 AM my time.

4ster

Instructor
Weird, I clinked on the link in the skiracing.com post and got a message saying "This event isn't available in your location" (I'm in the US). What are we meant to do?
Sounds like it will activate shortly before the start...

CLICK HERE TO WATCH: https://live.oesv.tv/ (link will activate prior to race)
Saturday, Oct. 17, Women’s Alpine GS: Run 1 – 4:00 AM EST / Run 2 – 7:00 AM EST
Sunday, Oct. 18, Men’s Alpine GS: Run 1 – 4:00 AM EST / Run 2 – 7:15 AM EST

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Same. I don't think the link is live until tomorrow.
I would try a VPN and also your phone. I get a different message (~not live yet) when I click on the link from my phone.
If you (I) can't get it working, one can always try YouTube.

TS
Gnorris2

Gnorris2

Booting up
Skier
I got the same "not available in your location" message, VPN'ed to GB, and now get the stream page "off air" as expected. I'd guess that any Euro VPN address will work.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sounds like it will activate shortly before the start...

CLICK HERE TO WATCH: https://live.oesv.tv/ (link will activate prior to race)
Saturday, Oct. 17, Women’s Alpine GS: Run 1 – 4:00 AM EST / Run 2 – 7:00 AM EST
Sunday, Oct. 18, Men’s Alpine GS: Run 1 – 4:00 AM EST / Run 2 – 7:15 AM EST

That link is working for me in US as of 1230pm Saturday Soelden Time (630am Eastern US). Comes up as Ski Austria Live on the page title with the broadcast labeled Soelden 2020 Live. Currently showing a variety of cameras with no announcer. Should be racing run 2 GS at top of hour.

Just verified you can also go back 3 hours in this stream and watch the first run even though the stream is labelled "Live".

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just caught the last two runs and saw the win.... going to go back and watch a few more...

I miss having announcers, but I do like hearing the audio of the actual skiing so well... the camera coverage itself is good too.

4ster

Instructor
Somehow I woke up at 2 AM and watched the first 20 racers or so before going back to sleep. Woke up again about 5:30 AM in time to see the final four in the second run. Wish I had known ahead of time you could go back and I would’ve watched the whole thing. Oh well :).

I was thinking tomorrow I would just turn it on & watch when I get up but 3 hours won’t get you back to the beginning of the first run. Hmmm

Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
This just posted on YouTube. I don’t know how long it will stay there

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does it mean no Snow Pass at all this year? Or a Snow Pass without the Austrian races (which would be ridiculous, especially if they keep the same price)?

4ster

Instructor
Does it mean no Snow Pass at all this year? Or a Snow Pass without the Austrian races (which would be ridiculous, especially if they keep the same price)?
Snowpass is supposed to be available before Levi

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
eh, there were no austrian races last year (except Kitz, on a 1-day delay), so ... idk why this year would be different

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last year and maybe the year before too, the races in Austria were available online with Snow Pass, without commentators, but they were not shown on television, except the delayed broadcast of Kitzbuehel, or anyway that’s the only one I remember. It should be possible to watch every race on ORF with a VPN.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is so infuriating. Again.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m working on EuroSport with VPN ... they’ve been resisting my advances so far.
If you get this working, can you post or IM specific instructions? I know @Rudi Riet does this for cycling but I have not been able to make it work on my Android despite lots of trying. I do have a vpn.

Sponsor

Staff online