• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia Protector Series of Bindings

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
And don’t forget to lift up your heel as you press down. The more work you do with your leg, the less you do with your arm.
Yes, this is an important part of getting out of your bindings. So many people don't think to lift their foot at the same time. I think it is a combination of not being taught correctly and a little bit of laziness.

LeoHunt

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Don't do that! Drop one pole, use two hands, one on grip and one mid shaft, to apply accurate pressure to release and step out, .
May I ask why? Is that because stepping on with ski will make it easier to damage the bottom of the ski?
Besides, is this common for higher DIN bindings or only for Protector? Thanks.

Don't Skip Leg Day

Getting off the lift
Skier
May I ask why? Is that because stepping on with ski will make it easier to damage the bottom of the ski?
Besides, is this common for higher DIN bindings or only for Protector? Thanks.
Yep, damage base and edges. The Protector release does feel a bit tighter than my other bindings. Lifting heel while pushing down helps as well.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
paging @Philpug and others -
Question: what protector binding is appropriate for the Sender 94ti - [these are the skis I won for DH :) ] Do they all come with the rail/ adjustable fro BSL? That would be a better option to allow for ability to play with mount point and new boots.

And just to clarify from what I have read this would not be a good binding for short BSL and Din of 7+?
thanks!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
paging @Philpug and others -
Question: what protector binding is appropriate for the Sender 94ti - [these are the skis I won for DH :) ] Do they all come with the rail/ adjustable fro BSL? That would be a better option to allow for ability to play with mount point and new boots.

And just to clarify from what I have read this would not be a good binding for short BSL and Din of 7+?
thanks!
I would say the Attack Protectors would be ideal. All the Protectors come on a rail for adjustability.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm curious why the Attack vs the PR?
Splitting hairs other that it is the Freeride oriented toe and if he can use his AT boots in it.

Don't Skip Leg Day

Getting off the lift
Skier
Splitting hairs other that it is the Freeride oriented toe and if he can use his AT boots in it.

Is the vertical/diagonal toe release of the PR model an improvement over the Attack toe in terms of safety, given the Protector heel release on both models?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the vertical/diagonal toe release of the PR model an improvement over the Attack toe in terms of safety, given the Protector heel release on both models?
The heel is shared. The PR toe does release in a 180* span. Not all skiers are looking for that.

coercion

Skier
What is the max cms you can move the binding rearward on the powerrail while keeping the same 305mm bsl? (For them powder days...)

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What is the max cms you can move the binding rearward on the powerrail while keeping the same bsl? (For them powder days...)
Depends what you are starting with, a 260BSL (or 360), nothing, a 315, maybe 3-4 cm.

coercion

Skier
Depends what you are starting with, a 260BSL (or 360), nothing, a 315, maybe 3-4 cm.
Right so adjustment range is 260bsl to 380, when mounted 20cm between binding screws, which makes 320bsl the middle mount of the rail.

So for a 305bsl, if I change the mount distance between binding screws to 18.5cm, then 305bsl will be the centre of the rails, and I'll have maximum adjustment forward and rearward (+/- 6cm?) for 305BSL?

coercion

Skier
Okay so I bought the protector pr from outdoorXL, shipped with no powerRails. They insist it doesn't come with any. Where can I get powerRails separately?

Slider

Booting up
Skier
Hi @coercion

In Tyrolia catalog there are two types of references for Protectors : « SET » coming with Twin rails and scews.
I believe you’ve got the other from outdoorXL…
Ask other official dealers, the rails are referenced separately. Otherwise have a look on ebay ;)

Attachments

• FD13A951-510F-483E-9D40-12025816E368.png
    FD13A951-510F-483E-9D40-12025816E368.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 35
  • FABEA3E7-8EC5-4074-B593-8230F01570AD.png
    FABEA3E7-8EC5-4074-B593-8230F01570AD.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 074ADF34-5460-40CA-8CDD-07D370CACE36.png
    074ADF34-5460-40CA-8CDD-07D370CACE36.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 41

Sponsor

Staff online