• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's on your ski/skiing bucket list?

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Being 59 and half, its got me thinking...

I ski bummed in the 80's Winter Park 2 seasons (Freshman and Sophomore years), 1 season in Europe (Junior year), and finished my senior year in Australia to get my 4 year degree in Skiing. :ogbiggrin:

Done many trips in the Rockies all over list too long to list, but I will say Vail I put at the top, Jackson Hole lives to its legendary status, and Utah overrated. Did a trip to Canada Whistler, long runs and beer was good.

My bucket list:
  1. South America: Chili has always been on the my list, but @esteban525 thread in Ski School forum has got me looking at Argentina. Looks like it is all the same mountain range as Chile. I been reading up, I'm excited to make this trip, especially getting away from the July/Aug Texas heat.
  2. Japan: I have not researched this at all, want to do this just to cover the globe before I kick the bucket.
  3. West/East coast US: Vermont Killington has always been on my list, I mean for years the ski map is in my brain. Not sure why. West coast would like to check out, but comes in last. Maybe this thread changes my thinking.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cat skiing as a stepping stone to then go heli skiing.
A number of western US resorts. I'm about half way through my list of those.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
My bucket list is probably longer than the list of places I've skied. My immediate short list: Taos, Squaw, Mammoth, Big Sky, Winter Park.
@Tex if you're going to bother heading East to Killington I would recommend you time it with the weekend of the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge on a good snow year. It's always a good time and a lot of really good bumpers come out of the woodwork so there are usually nicely set bump lines all over the place.

Reactions: Tex

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
My kids are 20 right now - if they have children and I have the ability and opportunity to share my love of the mountains with them, that would be incredible.

My bucket list is probably longer than the list of places I've skied
Mine too. Anytime I get to go to a new place is an extra good day; next season I have plans to check off a handful. Someday I would love to ski outside of the US.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Just a few....

• British Columbia catered hut trip, with heli in / out.
  • Vallee Blanche, just because
  • Japan, with some touring
  • South America
  • New Zealand club fields
  • La Grave
  • Powder Highway road trip in a camper
  • Squaw, at least one lap of the Fingers
  • Heli skiing in AK
  • Holiday Valley NY, where I grew up skiing but haven't skied there since become a "skier".
  • Alta, staying at the Goldminer's Daughter
  • Taos ski week.
  • Dolomites hut trip with some couloirs.
The problem with ski bucket list is the more you go and learn, the longer your list gets.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
28F and Sunny all winter long.
Europe, Japan, Australia
Powder Highway
All those in US I haven't been too.

Après Skier

Amateur Skier & Professional Curmudgeon
Skier
US: Telluride, Jackson/Targhee
Canada: Whistler, SkiBig3, Panorama, Powder Hwy
France: 3-Vallées, Tignes/Val d’Isère, Paradiski, l’Alpe d’Huez
Italy: Dolomiti Superski
Austria: Skicircus SHLF, Ischgl, Ski Arlberg, Hochkönig
Suisse: Zermatt, 4-Valées, Upper Engadine
Japan: both in Hokkaido and in the Nagano area

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
To ski on my 75th birthday, do more skiing with my daughter, go back to Aspen and Snowmass on my wedding anniversary because that is the location of our honeymoon. In a different thread I posted about having goals for your skiing and use a five year block for reavaluating of them. Right now it looks good for skiing on my 75th birthday this coming December, don't know about the rest or the next five years.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I can save you some time and tell you one of these is not like the others. Winter Park is nice but, unless you have some other attachment to it, it's hardly a bucket list hill.
Those were just the ones off the top of my head that I plan on visiting over the next few seasons. My younger brother is a former mogul competitor who went to college in CO. He likes skiing there and got me interested in WP particularly the MJ side. He usually skis squaw and still expressed interest in making a trip to WP next season :huh:

Sponsor