• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who Grunts?

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sometimes in a high speed turn I’ll occasionally emit an involuntary grunt when the G-force builds. Please tell me I’m not alone. I should have made it a poll: 1. I grunt, 2. I don’t grunt, 3. I make other bodily sounds.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I hear it from other skiers, not really a grunt but a gut core-area jostle sound . Typically heard from skiers under the lift in nasty bumps. Like on the Chute.

A lot of gyms frown on grunting while lifting. Not at Crossfit... do what you gotta do. So fear and a little of Crossfit gets transferred to skiing. Maybe too when you have over extended skill level on a landing or terrain that wasn't meant to be skied on.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1679950347529.gif

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not grunts, but copious swearing:
"Geez Louise! I had to work harder than I desired on that run!"
"Gadzooks! and Forsooth! I almost went right over a hidden rock!"
"Alas! I was yet again late on pressuring the outside ski. And my transition to the new outside ski was clearly atrocious."

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Not grunts, but copious swearing:
"Geez Louise! I had to work harder than I desired on that run!"
"Gadzooks! and Forsooth! I almost went right over a hidden rock!"
"Alas! I was yet again late on pressuring the outside ski. And my transition to the new outside ski was clearly atrocious."

*Pictures David spending time skiing in QC just to pick up some of that weird franco liturgical vocabulary*

Sponsor

Staff online