• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Womens/girls skis

TS
N

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
Thank you everyone for the continued assistance. This give me some great ideas.

Fingers crossed something used pops up!

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you everyone for the continued assistance. This give me some great ideas.

Fingers crossed something used pops up!
My friend tinymoose has a pair of Yumis she wants to sell in the size you need. (148). They’d be great and are in good condition. She’s super busy right now but maybe @Large Squirrel can assist. ogsmile

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
I've got a pair of 2018 Volkl Yumi in 147 I'm looking to sell. I'm 5'1" and 95 lbs, low advanced skier. I bought them in late 2018 and then because of quitting my job and returning to school full-time, they've probably been skied under 20 days total? They've got Look SPX 12 bindings on them, and my current BSL is 274. If you're interested we can try to get some photos to you in the next few days. I just started a new job and life is a bit chaotic right now and selling them was on my to-do list, but I hadn't taken any action to do so yet. My husband is @Large Squirrel

I'm mostly looking to sell them b/c I changed my boot setup last year and with the lower flexing boot I've found I prefer a little extra length now as I can get more forward on my skis. I actually ski jr. slalom skis as my other pair of skis too. ogsmile This is a stock photo in the meantime. I can also share my reviews I posted on another forum, if you'd like, from when I demoed last year. They were all in widths you're looking at for a good all-mountain.

1660609058766.png

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've got a pair of 2018 Volkl Yumi in 147 I'm looking to sell. I'm 5'1" and 95 lbs, low advanced skier. I bought them in late 2018 and then because of quitting my job and returning to school full-time, they've probably been skied under 20 days total? They've got Look SPX 12 bindings on them, and my current BSL is 274. If you're interested we can try to get some photos to you in the next few days. I just started a new job and life is a bit chaotic right now and selling them was on my to-do list, but I hadn't taken any action to do so yet. My husband is @Large Squirrel

I'm mostly looking to sell them b/c I changed my boot setup last year and with the lower flexing boot I've found I prefer a little extra length now as I can get more forward on my skis. I actually ski jr. slalom skis as my other pair of skis too. ogsmile This is a stock photo in the meantime. I can also share my reviews I posted on another forum, if you'd like, from when I demoed last year. They were all in widths you're looking at for a good all-mountain.

View attachment 175646
Great option of a ski. This first generation Yumi was awesome. A great ski for a 13 year old to grow with.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great option of a ski. This first generation Yumi was awesome. A great ski for a 13 year old to grow with.
@Nelliefj40 it was the 2nd generation Yumi. ogsmile @tinymoose had the first generation (Candy Land colors, LOL) and traded in for this pair, which is a tad beefier, I think. @tinymoose’s skis look great in person, better than the stock photo.

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yeah, first gen Yumi was all wood; no titanal band underfoot. I much prefer the little bit of extra dampness you get from the band. I’ve just owned ALL THE YUMIS. Lol. We’ve grown up together!

TS
N

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
Looking for more input. Really considering @tinymoose Yumis but worried they might be too short.

Abby is 5 foot 3. Ideally these could be used at least a couple years. If I were guessing she'll grow another inch or two.

Thanks!

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just for a point of reference my Yumis are 147. So she's already a good 5 inches/13 cm taller than them. I don't have kids or any experiencing outfitting them. She's already 2 inches taller than me and 10 lbs heavier. At my heaviest, I was maybe similar to her in weight, on the 147s, but two inches shorter.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Abby is 5 foot 3. Ideally these could be used at least a couple years. If I were guessing she'll grow another inch or two.
At 13 years old her body is still deveolping, she should grow out of gear, not into it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you. Would you think she's already out grown these skis?
With kids and tweens that are growing, we plan on one year and hope for two. With used and a great value like this ski, one year is ideal. You should be able to recoup pretty much your whole investment at that point.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMHO FWIW The 147 may soon be too short... My DD moved up to a volkl Pyra @155 when she was similarly sized to your daughter.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMHO FWIW The 147 may soon be too short... My DD moved up to a volkl Pyra @155 when she was similarly sized to your daughter.
But the Pyra is a junior twin tip to that even in the 155 probably skis shorter and easier than an adult ski with a flat tail.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
But the Pyra is a junior twin tip to that even in the 155 probably skis shorter and easier than an adult ski with a flat tail.
Phil you are absolutely correct and I was thinking about that when I posted this late last night, and I should have clarified and added that the Pyra was a twin tip vs. the flater tail of the Yumi. But the Pyra 147 /155 and 163 were marketed at women. They did have a jr version as well.

However, OP's "ask" is somewhat difficult b/c of the following variables:

"My 13 year old/ now 5'3"/ 24.5 boot" ( she grew an inch during this thread) she may be done growing or she may not, but girls usually are done by 14 or 15.

"Excellent groomer skier on Devo team" - "but live in Iowa." "She's skiing a youth slalom ski." It would be helpful to know what length ski she is skiing now - and where they plan on skiing out west.

IMHO an all mountain ski for some one who wants to venture off groomers at 147 is still pretty short for someone 5'3 especially a good skier. For reference my DD is an adult still at 5'3 and now on a 164 twin tip as her daily driver.

Last edited:
TS
N

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
Thank you all. I understand the ask is difficult that's why i asked for help.

She skied on a 145 last year. Last year we skied idaho/montana/colorado. This year we'll be going to austria (not packing skies) and wyoming/utah.

Didn't know the change from 5 2 to 5 3 would solicit a snarky response (nor the thought that someone from Iowa could be an excellent skier). When presented with up an up to date height from the doctor I thought I would provide it.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Idk if I was the snarky one. My daughter is 13 and a little taller/heavier and I am being cautious about new ski selection. The way I look at it, it’s easier to overski than than under ski. She is not on a devo team but we have skied about 25 days a year since she was 5. She can get around the mountain. No way am I going to get a 164 designed for charger women.

Sponsor

Staff online