• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninSkier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Mikaela has to be in the top but one sure hesitates on predicting anything. So many years on top and how can anyone stay at their peak for this long. Has her personal life become more important than winning? Marriage, children, life at home in Colorado and Sweden, no more extensive traveling, workouts, training/training/training may become too much. However, this racer may just suprise everyone and move it up a notch and dominate all disciplines. Who knows and thats the fun of October. Anticipation is savored by those with patience and then when the results are good the athletic catharsis is fulfilled.
Now that she is married, I hope she puts off having kids and shoots for 100 globes.
She is a ski goddess.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If she got married and will possibly move to Sweden, does that mean she married a Swede and not a Norwegian? Man, I miss out on everything.

RoninSkier

Getting off the lift
Skier

wnyskier

Out on the slopes
Skier

Or is this another web scam?
Interesting that the publication date is April 1, 2023. Perhaps it's just coincidence........

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Or is this another web scam?
@wnyskier hints at it, but I'll just say it.

It's not a scam, it's an April fool's joke. Nothing more than that. (And even if she got married to Kilde, changing countries makes no sense.)

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Just to be completely clear: Mikaela Shiffrin is not married (yet) & does not have a home in Sweden.
At last check (things could change), she is planning to race at least until the 2026 Winter Olympics in Italy.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The best April Fools jokes are the ones that are totally plausible and yet people would lose their minds over..

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
O'Brien fractures leg at training camp.:geek:

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm guessing that's it for her ambitions to return to the top seed in World Cup competition.

Missing one season is tough. Missing two? That's nigh on impossible given the level of competition these days.

I wish her a healthy and uneventful - and properly paced - recovery.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
O'Brien fractures leg at training camp.:geek:
F@#k!

She did race last season but they were careful “work your way back” races. She’s been posting alot about the NZ training & it seemed things were going well.

Reminds me of poor Resi Stiegler, she would be so close to the top & then injury! Sometimes the competitive world sucks :(.
Wishing her the best in her recovery.

Last edited:

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
She did race last season but they were careful “work your way back” races. She’s been posting alot about the NZ training & it seemed things were going well.

It also sounds like the bone hadn't properly healed - an all-too-common occurrence when trying to rush back into these things.

Reminds me of poor Resi Stiegler, she would be so close to the top & then injury!

Yup - another athlete who was so eager to get back into things that her injuries became chronic. I hope that Nina doesn't suffer the same fate.

But I stick by what I said a couple messages back: this likely spells the end of her ability to get back into the top seed in GS. I don't see her having the overall resilience of the long-haul healers (e.g. LGB, Vonn, Rebensburg). I'd love to be proven wrong but as I said: there's a lot of strong competition within the women's GS ranks, with more coming up each year.

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
ouch! didn't know that even when the bones are fixed with hardware they can still re-fracture do wonder if a 2nd surgery will be complicated by the screws allready in the bones. i re-injured my ankle (no hardware) and was slow.

Aquila

Getting on the lift
Skier
ouch! didn't know that even when the bones are fixed with hardware they can still re-fracture do wonder if a 2nd surgery will be complicated by the screws allready in the bones. i re-injured my ankle (no hardware) and was slow.
Looked at her instagram, looks like she had the rod taken out in March, so maybe she was hardware free for a few months just now? Awful news, i would have thought the bones would be fully strong by now, such bad luck for her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online