• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

$100K TV or a ski trip?

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
To be honest, if someone gave me $100K to use for travel, but it was only to be used for 'one trip' I would probably not use it for skiing (blasphemy!) since my family doesn't like to ski. I'd do a week-ish long trip with them. African safari (photo) would be good.

Tack on a day at Afriski and you can kill two birds with one stone.

1626813332838.png

(Mountain Lodge and Resort in Lesotho | Afriski)

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Riffing on the geezer vein plus avoiding planes: Viking Cruises has a 6 month world cruise option that could be re-purposed to visit ports adjacent to ski destinations. Secondary transport at some of the more exotic locales might get interesting, and $100k would not be sufficient, but I'm willing to negotiate.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think you could buy Andorra for $100k - or at least use it as a down payment and live happily ever after in Andorra.
In know you're joking, but to establish residence inn Andorra you need to post a bond of 450,000 and not clear how you get it back. I tried, and i decided France instead

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Here is my post fro the other thread:

I'd go to Blue River, B.C. for 10 weeks starting in early January.

Home of Mike Weigele Heli-Skiing.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Holy Toot. Thats a lot of money for a roll up projector screen . I think I would get the 85" Samsung at BestBuy, and still have $98, 000 left for skiing!!
It's not a projector screen. It's a new type of OLED screen that is so thin and flexible that it can be rolled up. It lights up internally just like other current flat panel TVs.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'd sign up for some intensive Spanish lessons, then take a ski/tourist vacation. Either Santiago-Buenos Aires via the lakes crossing and Bariloche, or else traveling around Spain.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I doubt I would ski many more places than I already do in my region but the lodging and après would certainly step up a notch.
And treat a few more ski buddies to the same.

Sponsor

Staff online