• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

13 TV Channels - What did you watch?

Heeler

Doug M.
Skier
A local institution for many, many years was J. P. Patches
1605699455997.png

Ran M-F at 7:00 a.m. as I remember. KIRO, channel 7

Heeler

Doug M.
Skier
Another local/regional show was Nightmare Theater. Friday nights at 11:30, again on KIRO 7. It ran old horror flicks. By the time I was old enough to stay awake long enough to watch it was hosted by "The Count" , a cheesy vampire who was played by the man who also directed and played a few of the recurring characters on the J.P. Patches show, Joe Towey.
1605701198335.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Monty Python's Flying Circus. Had a friend turn me on to that when I was in 6th grade, 1977 or so..

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I don't remember what channel it was, but one of the channels in the NYC market would switch over to Kung Fu movies late at night. Hilarious.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Another local/regional show was Nightmare Theater. Friday nights at 11:30, again on KIRO 7. It ran old horror flicks. By the time I was old enough to stay awake long enough to watch it was hosted by "The Count" , a cheesy vampire who was played by the man who also directed and played a few of the recurring characters on the J.P. Patches show, Joe Towey.
View attachment 115131
We had a similar show that was hosted by a strange guy that called himself Zackerly.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I didn't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this has been discussed.
@dbostedo @LaurelHillCraze @Coach13
Do any of the western PA folks remember "Chiller Theater" with Bill "Chilly Bllly" Cardille? I was a night owl then and now and fondly remember him.

I loved watching 'Hogan's Heroes' in syndication when I was young! Truth is, I still like that show.

Uncle-A

Skier
According to Wikipedia October 9, 1986
I remember watching the Tracy Ullman Show when it finally made its way to Northern Michigan. The Simpson was a creation for small bits during the Tracy Ullman Show.

Just a side note on the Tracy Ullman show, it was on her show in 1987 that the very first appearance of The Simpsons cartoon was played.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just a side note on the Tracy Ullman show, it was on her show in 1987 that the very first appearance of The Simpsons cartoon was played.
Seems like I said that in the post you quoted. ;)

Uncle-A

Skier
Seems like I said that in the post you quoted. ;)
Two things, One why are you up so early? Second you mentioned Wikipedia as in 1986, because that was off by a year I was kind of correcting Wikipedia which too many people take as a accurate.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Two things, One why are you up so early? Second you mentioned Wikipedia as in 1986, because that was off by a year I was kind of correcting Wikipedia which too many people take as a accurate.
LOL Thanks for the correction.
Why am I up early?
Answer here

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January