• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I hear Atomic is changing up the Nomad and Affinity for next year.
Yes they are. Significant change in both the skis and the bindings. Stay tuned.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A couple of the things that stood out for me at the trade show:
  • Boots are getting a bit of a throwback look, while staying on the forefront of better fit and function. Colors of boots are insanely 70's (and 80's) Sexy! View attachment 2638
  • Love the flex of the new Samba (Still 98mm under foot but new construction), and its not orange this year. View attachment 2641
  • Head is killing it with the graphics of the women's line, which is unchanged otherwise, and taking some of the graphene technology to a lot more skis in their line up
  • Armada has something new coming for women. (have to leave a teaser here for now.)
  • More helmets have MIPS
  • Atomic is making things new for the women's front side flavor
  • Volkl is bringing the 90Eight to the women's side, which is awesome because the 100EightW was super fun, and changing binding system for women's front side skis
  • The Tecnica Cochise line is coming out with 4 buckles.(see photo above)
  • and here's something really interesting, a few boot manufacturers are bringing some new technology to the forefront in boots for the beginner/intermediate skier.

Soooo tell me more about the Sambas! How will they be changing? I just skied mine today in what sounds like similar conditions to what hit Tahoe yesterday, (4-6" of fresh, dense-ish although REALLY nice powder) and they just KILLED it in that. I mean, they were awesome. From the first run of all fresh tracks (heaven!) to the last run of a lot of cut up crud, they were just the shiz. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them after you ski them :D

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
New samba will be carbonized. Stiff torisonally, less deflection, and lighter swing weight compared to what you have.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
New samba will be carbonized. Stiff torisonally, less deflection, and lighter swing weight compared to what you have.
Interesting. I don't find that mine get deflected much at all which is one thing I love about them, so if they are even MORE solid that way, then I'm sold! Unless I get out on a pair of Santa Ana 93's as a compliment to my current Sambas. :0

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Interesting. I don't find that mine get deflected much at all which is one thing I love about them, so if they are even MORE solid that way, then I'm sold! Unless I get out on a pair of Santa Ana 93's as a compliment to my current Sambas. :0

Same shape but a new construction. Not the carbon design from the men's side but more like the construction from the Zero-G collection and N.G.T.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
@Philpug can we please get detailed photos and reviews of the upcoming stockli offerings in the SC-AX-SX areas (non-FIS) from SIA?

Also comparable offerings from Kastle....

Also, mid 90's ski reviews of the super high performing skis.

I am trying to avoid buying a set of Wagner skis on the mid 90's for next year.

Thank you.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug can we please get detailed photos and reviews of the upcoming stockli offerings in the SC-AX-SX areas (non-FIS) from SIA?

Also comparable offerings from Kastle....

Also, mid 90's ski reviews of the super high performing skis.

I am trying to avoid buying a set of Wagner skis on the mid 90's for next year.

Thank you.
I have snippets of information on the Stocklis and I just know that Kastle is revamping the MX/RX lines and are being really tight lipped about it until SIA. You have to try this Renoun Z90 before you buy any other 90mm ski.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Same shape but a new construction. Not the carbon design from the men's side but more like the construction from the Zero-G collection and N.G.T.
Soooo tell me more about the Sambas! How will they be changing? I just skied mine today in what sounds like similar conditions to what hit Tahoe yesterday, (4-6" of fresh, dense-ish although REALLY nice powder) and they just KILLED it in that. I mean, they were awesome. From the first run of all fresh tracks (heaven!) to the last run of a lot of cut up crud, they were just the shiz. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them after you ski them :D
What Phil said. I really like the flex of this new design. I'm looking forward to getting it on snow.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
A couple of the things that stood out for me at the trade show:

[*]Head is killing it with the graphics of the women's line, which is unchanged otherwise, and taking some of the graphene technology to a lot more skis in their line up

Shurely shone mistake? Can't see no Clowns vomitting or Grizzly maulings.

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm interested in the Volkl Confession. Looks like something that Ian McIntosh may have had a heavy hand in developing. Funny that Vokl backed off the full rocker that they still use, even though the industry has seriously moved away from full rocker.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
image.jpeg
16/17 Fischer

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It would be very interesting to see what Kastle does to MX, arguably their flagship line of skis.
Is it their flagship still? I will go back to Porsche again...I have always referred to the MX series as the 911..yes, the cornerstone of the brand and very important to the persona but things have changed even at Porsche..welcome the Cayenne and Macan..and in Kastle-ise..the FX and BMX. The markets have changed and Porsche and Kastle have evolved with it. more off piste and versatile. I see the MX still being in the line and the being the cornerstone of the image but the FX and BMX's being at the center of the growth. With many manufactures focusing back on frontside biased skis for this coming season, the introduction of a new MX could not be timed better.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Is it their flagship still? I will go back to Porsche again...I have always referred to the MX series as the 911..yes, the cornerstone of the brand and very important to the persona but things have changed even at Porsche..welcome the Cayenne and Macan..and in Kastle-ise..the FX and BMX. The markets have changed and Porsche and Kastle have evolved with it. more off piste and versatile. I see the MX still being in the line and the being the cornerstone of the image but the FX and BMX's being at the center of the growth. With many manufactures focusing back on frontside biased skis for this coming season, the introduction of a new MX could not be timed better.

That the ski line that whether you like it or not has made modern Kastle's brand. It may be changing with the FX95HP seemingly sweeping everything in its path though. I am really curious what they did to the MX88 and MX98, because those were skis that can work for a quiver anchor models. MX88 still remains one of the most impressive skis I have ever skied, if not the most impressive.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Green ones are Laser SX and AX
The 2016 AX is one of my favorite skis ever. It meets your perfect ski on a given day test for me more than anything else I've owned. Are they changing only the graphics? They should really be promoting this ski, particularly if the industry trend is towards versatile, fun frontsiders.

RNZ

aka Ski Kiwi
Skier
The 2017 Rocky Mountain Underground Apostle - slightly stiffer than the 2016 but same smooth flex (or I think so at least)

vawUQPX-L6FL6yVlHGCHakdv4cxIl0CeSBH56T4M8X2qJ3eGSKZgFjXXtJ2OAML0q-YOIn71D9MpSp9ECJ7LKEU_BBwhNF3Ef_AarXuAJUBv1u-Y1NrNUh5kM4Iu4ALV2ryFcQ6ToA92Sam-QrbfwbrCd652jiM2zoxUbCoPOQaS0Bsb6TiNfuB2kb_94sFk002sZFAjQsR94_j0I5tcE7ZWmyTA-Sx0kY1k8oVHJSn4e5H2Mpvvgoe96_RU3U-6UTAgegTvfESp7cEMfDz9SJ6Z6vQE1DIH49UvE5DGiJgTYuBUzUgDYKOrkCnq7OGN7ZM7E9Qx-ntd59XhiKfLBTZSsFFUll2ZkUJ9W3AJ7sLp_2RVbjdbWcrPJF1wRhe9GdavfmgYoKMfeOGlFlf8q1EvEn-R2eqWIffmD6tiSf2YK71Xz0FFbW1ozkVF3YKANJJmYSCHC4PNZiHqhQeeMokC_8pY1BkXUHnjleZ0CSZM_YU7bGzLdXBhsPQqTVByGS1dorRE_MaC9bBeGQeKwzi8jT4iFHvCCLpSknXRwRZIs3OBAnjBDqguK3yqrtEq-in0=w501-h667-no

Sponsor

Staff online