• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
When you did Lyman's, I'm not sure if you made a right on the CO Trail or if you made it to the rope where the trail actually goes left to Prospector
I made a right ... or, in retrospect, a wrong.

If you're on Woodwinds Traverse and look to the edge of the woods on your left, you can see areas that look like truffle-rooting pigs were there. That's where I, and apparently others since, exited Lyman's.

I wonder if others found themselves in the same predicament, then decided to follow my tracks out, assuming their predecessor knew what they were doing. Next time someone suggests following some tracks out, I'll be the one yelling, "No! We might follow an idiot!" :roflmao:

I'll check out Lyman's next season when it's in a better mood and see what they actually did thru there.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I’m starting to think through season passes for next year. I have one more year of a skiing kid at home before he’s off to college so we’ll probably hold the course with Loveland despite the shitshow year that seems likely to continue (sigh).

Interesting, A-Basin isn’t even showing Ikon pass sales option on its site anymore and seems to be moving towards a more exclusive model of high season pass prices. I wonder if Ikon is a one time gig for them. I think I’d consider going home mountain on A-Basin if they get off Ikon.

Gotta stay the course I think for a final year of a kid skier at home. I’m not buying an A-Basin pass for the first time in years and will probably get a 3 pack.

Next season really is a “what’s resort skiing going to become?” year both at my family level and also the massive post-COVID work from home shift. I guess pay to play that game one more time:beercheer::beercheer:

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
I'm going LL + A Basin again. LL is so convenient and fun and I really enjoy the A Basin terrain.

There's another post about A Basin's upcoming improvements, which I assume are Ikon money funded. I really hope as well they can or want to get off Ikon.

Hopefully everyone has worked through LL 4 packs finally.

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
Its why you gotta live there, and have every morning off. I used to bartend there, 3 days a week, 3pm to 10pm. That was ideal. The big dumps always come this time of season.

Tex, agree! this was the first April we have never had big snow when we were there in 14 years

Reactions: Tex

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Its why you gotta live there, and have every morning off. I used to bartend there, 3 days a week, 3pm to 10pm. That was ideal. The big dumps always come this time of season.
You have that right.

IMG_20210420_083841619.jpg
First thing in the morning. They opened the lifts at 8:35 rather than the scheduled 9:00 opening.

A run under the lift, a couple around the corner and then a couple around the other corner.

IMG_20210420_105620709.jpg
A rope drop on the North Bowl traverse off T-bar yielded the finest two runs of the morning.

IMG_20210420_105628262_crop.jpg

IMG_20210420_112551287.jpg Which were then toasted refreshing cold lagers.f

strava1502189314340024463.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Reporting 13" today, and expecting 10-12 more in the next few days... what happened to spring?

Not sure what happened to Spring, but today was full-on mid-Winter. It was about 12* on the mountain with 6" of new light fluffy powder. It felt like February, not the end of April. Best part was there wasn't any crowding and no one was skiing the trees. I can't remember the last time I skied so much wall-to-wall untouched for multiple laps.

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Was it result of too many 420 Day celebrations? Hard for me to come up with any other good explanation...

Waiting in the T-Bar line at Breck this afternoon, there were an amazing number of boarders falling off the bar within 30 yards of the loading station.

Breck T-Bar Loading Station.jpg

It became terrific entertainment for most of us waiting in line. I have never, ever seen so many boarder falls and so many doomed-to-failure T-Bar hold techniques. One boarder held the "T" of the bar in front of him as if he was waterskiing. Another ended up with the T-Bar on his belly, facing backwards. One heroic individual fell twice within the first 10 yards, but hung on while being dragged up the snow track on his back; at this point, two T-Bar station operators ran out of the shack and screamed at him "Let Go! Let Go!!!". But he persisted in hanging on. Fell again; recovered; fell a fourth time; and finally recovered for good! At this point the waiting line erupted into cheers of "Never Give Up" and applause. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Was it result of too many 420 Day celebrations? Hard for me to come up with any other good explanation...

Waiting in the T-Bar line at Breck this afternoon, there were an amazing number of boarders falling off the bar within 30 yards of the loading station.

View attachment 131889

It became terrific entertainment for most of us waiting in line. I have never, ever seen so many boarder falls and so many doomed-to-failure T-Bar hold techniques. One boarder held the "T" of the bar in front of him as if he was waterskiing. Another ended up with the T-Bar on his belly, facing backwards. One heroic individual fell twice within the first 10 yards, but hung on while being dragged up the snow track, upside down; at this point, two T-Bar station operators ran out of the shack and screamed at him "Let Go! Let Go!!!". But he persisted in hanging on. Fell again; recovered; fell a fourth time; and finally recovered for good! At this point the waiting line erupted into cheers of "Never Give Up" and applause. :roflmao:
Usually the chant is 'end of the line'. Yay for improved attitudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online