• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And Loveland continues with a full lot, 10 minute waits, one run, and no snow. What a season!

HA! good call. Like I was telling you earlier. I'm pretty much over the early season 1 run stoke. We left about 1:00 p.m. I will probably ski 1 or 2 more days this coming week and then wait until the following week. :beercheer:

Who knows what will happen that week.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
And Loveland continues with a full lot, 10 minute waits, one run, and no snow.

View attachment 115517 View attachment 115518

What a season! We’re going mountain biking tomorrow.

Long range forecasts are of low value, but persistence is often a good tool, and they largely show WYSISWG: minor occasional energy out of the SW on the subtropical jet and frequent PNW storms staying well to the north for another month.

The "runs" were wide open for me today and we only had to wait on a few chairs, ahem... I mean tee boxes. Had a great round of 18 at Murphy Creek although it was a bit chilly. So I skied Thursday-Friday, golfed Saturday, will ski tomorrow/Sunday, and have another round of golf teed up for Monday afternoon. I love living in CO. :)

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
HA! good call. Like I was telling you earlier. I'm pretty much over the early season 1 run stoke. We left about 1:00 p.m. I will probably ski 1 or 2 more days this coming week and then wait until the following week. :beercheer:

Who knows what will happen that week.

I am not going until there is more snow and many more runs open. Doin' snow dances but its not looking good. At this rate I will ski in mid December...

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Since snow didn't come in this weekend, spent this morning working and this afternoon mounting a fresh pair of skis -- with the hopes of sneaking out Tuesday midday for a few laps.

Not that these would be WROD rippers for anyone but @nay

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever owned a brand new ski with a brand new binding....

126479956_124425905935425_1474446352696632330_n.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Since snow didn't come in this weekend, spent this morning working and this afternoon mounting a fresh pair of skis -- with the hopes of sneaking out Tuesday midday for a few laps.

Not that these would be WROD rippers for anyone but @nay

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever owned a brand new ski with a brand new binding....

View attachment 115682

I loved those skis when I demoed them. Good choice. :thumb:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
~4" is predicted Monday/Tuesday. Im thinking Wednesday should be good.

I'm thinking Wednesday at LL is the better play now too. Skied LL today and what a freakin' zoo it was. It took me almost twice as long as Thursday to get the same number of runs. At least they opened Spillway, but it was all ice balls so it needs a lot of care and feeding. The snow in the morning was much better than what I got Thursday p.m., so at least it was skiing well, but there were so many skiers that ski patrol was at every corner. You really couldn't open it up anywhere, but I did my best to find clear patches and it was good to be on snow for another day. Back to golf for tomorrow... :)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Interesting:

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 10.04.33 PM.png

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
yeah, will leave a little earlier. We aren't supposed to get nearly as much so going over Rabbit Ears earlier wont be a big deal.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
its not like there's going to be 10" of untracked powder. Come on people, stay home. :).
Nice to see Spillway finally open.
chairone00001.jpg

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's now 6-12". With this forecast I don't know Ron. Parking lot might get busy early :ogbiggrin:

These forecasting tools are pretty cool (OpenSnow, Powder Chasers, etc...) but is there a good place to see the actual snowfall from a storm? Other than checking each area's snow report, perhaps there is a good place all-on-one site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online