• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
What @Ron ? No pictures? :rolleyes:
:beercheer:
I didn't get over a foot of fresh today, but it was a pleasant morning nonetheless.

At home:
IMG_20210106_074558242_HDR_crop.jpg
I didn't get the earlier shot of the fog that hid the mountain and the foreground as it was just a complete white out.

IMG_20210106_083531166_HDR.jpg
Sun Dog

IMG_20210106_092424613.jpg
Woof

IMG_20210106_093256037_HDR.jpg

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Check with the KOA campgrounds on the west side of town. If you can Iive out of your van, you may find electric hookups and a water source.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
There are spots you can get buy for a night or two in your rig if you don't wanna go the KOA type setup. Feel free to PM me.
Thanks, I was more joking than serious, but I'll let you know if I do get more serious about showing up. Next year I'll be ramping up my traveling a bit.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Pictures?? I think there's one or two.... I actually forgot I took any. (sorry for crowds obscuring the view)

View attachment 120187 View attachment 120188

Steamboat on a bluebird powder day has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth (and not just to skiers). I'm always so impressed by how snow "hugs" all the trees and how the trees then protect the snow from the sun and wind. Just fantastic. Thanks for the stoke!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
And for me? Well I went up to LL for the sloppy seconds in the afternoon. I was surprised to find that it was still soft pretty much everywhere (even the typical groomers). And of course I screwed up again with the skis I chose for the day... I won't get into it, but suffice to say they were 38mm narrower than what @Ron's weapon of choice was for the day.

And... I'm just amazed at what people are willing to venture into with such a "low tide" situation that we're still dealing with. I saw some really stupid sh!t happen because some people just have no brains in their skulls. :eek:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
And... I'm just amazed at what people are willing to venture into with such a "low tide" situation that we're still dealing with. I saw some really stupid sh!t happen because some people just have no brains in their skulls. :eek:
If you go fast enough, you can ski over rocks. I've done it lots the last few weeks.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
If you go fast enough, you can ski over rocks. I've done it lots the last few weeks.

Yep, but those very same rocks don't feel very good when they take you down and hit your soft parts. Folks were getting stuck in some of the minor rock bands in and around Benett's at LL, while others were in such a frenzy for the pow that they went into trees that aren't even skiable until we've had well over 200" of snow. Just silly stuff, but I guess it's the pent up demand that is driving these decisions...

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I like that their are guinea pigs out there packing down what snow we have so it doesn't blow away. I'm only skiing man made and low angle stuff that I know is clean of rocks.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Yep, but those very same rocks don't feel very good when they take you down and hit your soft parts. Folks were getting stuck in some of the minor rock bands in and around Benett's at LL, while others were in such a frenzy for the pow that they went into trees that aren't even skiable until we've had well over 200" of snow. Just silly stuff, but I guess it's the pent up demand that is driving these decisions...

:geek: :geek: :geek::roflmao:

Most of the terrain off lift 6 should have been fantastic. No need to go anywhere else until there is a lot more snow.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online