• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Although I have no proof of anything, I'm not buying the 5". I'd guess more like 2-3". I believe no chain required so that's a telling sign
I saw that there no chain controls via yje Caltrans app, so I'm guessing that the initial optimistic snow levels were wrong and 2-3" is probably more like it. That said, I think I'll wait a week and come up next Sunday, as I know about the long days (mostly driving).

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
super foggy and misty coming up the front (330) side. Road was wet and temp was 34, but temps are falling now.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm bummed. I would have loved to go up sometime this week and get ski the leftovers of this storm, but I severely sprained my foot and am hoping along on crutches instead.

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hit up Baldy on Saturday & there was just enough snow to make it very fun. NE aspects with at least some trees collected the most. You still had to be a bit careful because, you might get 4 powder turns and then hit ice on the bottom in the next. It was also just enough snow to disguise most rocks which eat ptex for lunch. Once the lifts finally got spinning, there were no lines all day.

Day started out with clouds & sun, but quickly got socked in with intermittent, light snow showers. By 2 pm it was snowing moderately and made for light refills to finish the day.

Sunday probably would have been very good too, but I had an ultimate tournament, so we’ll never know!
95C76BE1-CE46-4E39-913C-410BDEC9E9C5.jpeg 01258757-30F7-4692-9BD9-194061FB3457.jpeg 1C3DB06C-6F5C-46AC-88B9-31DC00129AC6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online