• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Spring is back in full force today. Sticky snow here and there. Most places skied fine. Looks like the same program for next week. :yahoo:

Ran into @MountainMonster in the parking lot at the end of day after Mamie's SkiTalk CB photo shoot. :ogbiggrin: PXL_20220513_223140007.MP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Heading up tonight and will be staying at the main lodge. I guess I can sleep in a little. Good info on cornice, will likely hit Cornice and maybe scottys first thing in the morning
Just to clarify - cornice definitely is melt-freezing tonight, so even if it’s warm enough early to soften up cornice …. It won’t be dry and loose.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Started at 830 and had a blast. Sadly however, my wife caught an edge/got yanked in sticky snow going down saddle and wrenched her knee badly. Ski patrol took her down (awesome folks) and now waiting at the hospital:( hoping for not so bad news!

Edit: grade 2/3 mcl tear and ankle sprain :(

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Corn crop just about ready for harvest. Most sections are skiing well. Snow is getting faster with the exception of the flatter areas under #23 & G2.

Next week is gonna be good.

Started at 830 and had a blast. Sadly however, my wife caught an edge/got yanked in sticky snow going down saddle and wrenched her knee badly. Ski patrol took her down (awesome folks) and now waiting at the hospital:( hoping for not so bad news!

Edit: grade 2/3 mcl tear and ankle sprain :(

Sorry to hear about your wife's mishap. Wishes for a quick recovery.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Corn crop just about ready for harvest. Most sections are skiing well. Snow is getting faster with the exception of the flatter areas under #23 & G2.

Next week is gonna be good.

Sorry to hear about your wife's mishap. Wishes for a quick recovery.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have worked out the incident with the ski school to our satisfaction by the end of the ski day. Rather not talk about it in open forum.
Tease. :snowball:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor