• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2021-2022 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
I've been watching the weather all this week at Timberline but couldn't quite justify 1.5 hour drive for 2 or 3 hours skiing then the 1.5 hr drive home.
Last year I got three days in on the Palmer Lift. My last day in 2021 was April 23rd. 26 days last season, only 15 -16 days this year.
Time to move on to spring projects!

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Coverage looks good. Stormin’ Norman still open?

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Silver Mountain's reopening for the long weekend! I've been admiring all the new snow over the past month visible on Mt. Spokane... i'm sure Silver has just as much. It's kind of a shame that it sat closed so many weekends that would've been nice, while the forecast for this weekend is a little more iffy. But I plan to get up there at least one day, which is just a bonus since I'd already figured my season was over. Fingers crossed that it's nice! https://www.silvermt.com/upcoming-events/details/memorial-day-weekend-skiing

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Will be down at Timberline 17, 18, 19th....

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Will be down at Timberline 17, 18, 19th....
I have to miss that camp due to my mom’s 95th birthday. I might do July 9, 10. Are you going to be there?

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I'll double check, but I'm on for several days in July.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Vail resorts to build a new lift at Stevens Pass in 2023

At Stevens Pass, a fixed grip quad will replace Kehr’s chair, a Riblet dating back to 1964. This is the third new chairlift for Vail Resorts at Stevens and will improve out-of-base capacity.
This is good news as Chief has always been a pain to load. The chairs come fast and an inexperienced lifty can give you calfbang, ouch, or skiers can end up in a heap.

Chair on the left
IMG_0060.JPG

Last edited:

Posaune

sliding
Skier
At Stevens Pass, a fixed grip quad will replace Kehr’s chair, a Riblet dating back to 1964.
I was at the opening of the old chair when I was 10. It replaced three consecutive rope tows. They moved fast and could destroy a pair of gloves in a hurry.

At the official opening ceremonies, which took place well after the chair had opened, the mayor of Seattle spoke to the crowd. He was apparently a regular Stevens skier. After his short speech Stevens' head honcho awarded the mayor a lifetime lift pass. The kicker was that he had to wear it at all times and it was a large 2X4 with a rope attached to hang over his neck. The writing on the board was burned into it. We watched as they let the mayor ride the lift by himself and ski down to the lodge over the moguls (before grooming, this was a major bump run) with his pass flopping all over the place, banging into him. It certainly amused the crowd.

Last edited:

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sure I have such long arms today from riding those rope tows. I would have to wait for somebody big to get on in front of me otherwise the rope would lift me off the ground.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
6" of snow at Timberline in the last 72 hours bringing their season total just 7" shy of 600". If this cold spring continues I would not be surprised if they pick up another 7" sometime in the next month :ogbiggrin:. The summer season at Timberline will hopefully be excellent with all of this snow.

Do these pictures look like mid-June?

FloodEast.jpeg

FloodSouth.jpeg

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That is a lot of snow for this time of year. I've skied twice at Timberline in the middle of June, and normally you're lucky if there's enough snow to ski a snow bridge path the last few hundred feet to the bottom of Magic Mile. This year it still looks like winter.

I signed up for a 3 day ski camp July 8, 9, 10 at Timberline with Snow Performance (2 days is also an option). https://www.snowperformance.com/index.php/hidden-pages/summer-camp-timberline-mt-hood if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJS

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
That is a lot of snow for this time of year. I've skied twice at Timberline in the middle of June, and normally you're lucky if there's enough snow to ski a snow bridge path the last few hundred feet to the bottom of Magic Mile. This year it still looks like winter.

I signed up for a 3 day ski camp July 8, 9, 10 at Timberline with Snow Performance (2 days is also an option). https://www.snowperformance.com/index.php/hidden-pages/summer-camp-timberline-mt-hood if anyone is interested.
Have fun with Gavin and Allison.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Excellent day today up at Timberline. Snow was soft, fast and fun. It was a bit cloudy but zero wind and no rain. Stayed for a few hours before I bailed, couple park laps but nothing special.
Today marked my 10th month on snow for the 21/22 season!

F450356C-0CFF-432F-A87A-212AEDD2774A.jpeg 2DBE61DE-55DC-49B3-974C-FF0D3294994A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Pretty drippy and socked in today. Looks like Fri, Sat, and Sun will be stunning!

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Beautiful sunny day at Timberline. It was my first day on snow since early May. Snow was firm in the morning, by 12:30 it was soft on Palmer and slush/gack lower on Magic Mile, an insult both to my legs and my ego. Amazing how many snowboarders show up after 11 AM, whereas it’s pretty much skiers only from 8am. 9CD8658E-8BDB-4B57-B836-2D0296BA9F5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online