• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
80 shutdown yesterday due to spinouts.
Definitely the early season now. :roflmao:

I'm not excited about spinouts but I'm pretty stoked about the weather that caused them. :yahoo:

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not excited about spinouts but I'm pretty stoked about the weather that caused them. :yahoo:
I'm not so sure the weather causes spinouts. A contributing factor perhaps. Just sayin'....

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's a lot more than I thought was coming in this system.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not liking the warmth in the next waves; re-thinking the Rose pass.
It's only October. With the high base they'll be able to make more snow than most others in the area. That and they're really good at farming snow and maintaining what they have.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This was 5 years ago today at Mt Rose. Below it is a picture from today's webcam.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 2.53.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 2.54.25 PM.png

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
BA at OpenSnow has an excellent input today worth reading. The update shows not as much precip from the early storms that is actually a good thing except for Mammoth because snow levels look high elevation that could wash away the shallow depths we just received and add warmth to ground temps. What we need to dump starts with colder fronts on Sunday.

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
More than 24 Hours since any stoke posted here. Unacceptable! :roflmao:(says the guy who averages 10.8 posts per year)

What do you all think...if these October forecasts come true any chance of resorts opening early? Or is snow only part of the equation (ie staffing requirements may not be met yet)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
More than 24 Hours since any stoke posted here. Unacceptable! :roflmao:(says the guy who averages 10.8 posts per year)

What do you all think...if these October forecasts come true any chance of resorts opening early? Or is snow only part of the equation (ie staffing requirements may not be met yet)
Does this help?

1634777000652.png

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
EXACTLY

Seems like at least the Ikon/Epic resorts should open something next week. :snow: Even if it's just the bar.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm torn between watching the MLB playoffs and the weather reports.
Looks like an atmospheric river is going to bring some much needed moisture and the snow coming in with it is possibly dropping to lake level :yahoo:
Reno forecast!
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 5.56.10 PM.png

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Tonight I do like reading Atlanta giving humbling pain to sports writers etc boasting up Julio and Dodgers like it was supposed to be destiny and of course they were better obviously.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When staring down the barrel of rain at 11, 000', my faith in Ullr is severely tested. I'll just smile, nod and refrain from all hope until there's at least a 15" base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online