• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 First Glimpses of Snow, post here.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
So what is the cut off between last season and this season then? Was July the start, or continuation?
I've skied Big Snow twice this summer (would be going now but its closed due to a fire) 1st time was June 10th which I got to admit felt like an add on to last season. 2nd time was September 10th and it did feel like the start to a new season which makes July a good break point. Was really hoping to get 3 sessions in October and maybe another 2 or 3 in November before the outdoor season started here in the east but it looks to be down till at least November now.
IMG_2224.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG

Idris

Getting off the lift
Skier
Will there be a 21/22 season in Chamonix?
In France in general there will be a ski season. The question is how much you will need your "Pass sanitare" (proof of vaxination etc). Lifts? Resturants? Work (in a resorts)?
The big teltail difference this year is all the rsorts and more importantly the lift companies are doing job interviews. Last year they were hiring no one, even if they were going to end up Very short staffed come (theoretical) opening.
The pass sanitaire will not affect any overseas guests as they need to be vaxinated to get into the country in the first place - they willl have to show proof, so if you are coming have your QR code in both printed and electonic form, saying that I have only showed mine once at the indor section of a charity flea market!

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got this glimpse from Park City on Sunday, then some more going through Nevada and Truckee on Monday (no shots of that as I was driving).

Attachments

• 41EF8A5F-3841-4D14-B9BE-37D3FF7FA03C.jpeg
    41EF8A5F-3841-4D14-B9BE-37D3FF7FA03C.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 15

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I've skied Big Snow twice this summer (would be going now but its closed due to a fire) 1st time was June 10th which I got to admit felt like an add on to last season. 2nd time was September 10th and it did feel like the start to a new season which makes July a good break point. Was really hoping to get 3 sessions in October and maybe another 2 or 3 in November before the outdoor season started here in the east but it looks to be down till at least November now. View attachment 144790 View attachment 144791

On their website, they are selling tickets for 11/1, but there are no updates since the announcement that it was going to take some time. I hope for 11/1, because it helps get psyched and physically ready for the “rest” of the season.

Sponsor

Staff online