• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2022-2023 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
The "Purg" (love the sound of that one )is opening Saturday. Purgatory is definitely on my list when I start my safari's around the west.
A lot of folks like to dis on the “Purg” but I think it’s a really fun hill with playful, rolling terrain and lots of hidden little jibs.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
If I had to navigate that zoo of a queue I'd be looking for another place to add a second wine to other hand...good eye @raisingarizona . Is it really another bar?
I imagine so. They had chairs and tables and corn hole and other outdoor games that go with drinking up there last year. I don't think the structure was up yet.

I sat up there one afternoon with a buddy last season. It's a pretty sweet deck.

The weekends and holidays have become intolerable up there for me now. That's way too many people on one ski run imho. I went with a midweek pass this year.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I imagine so. They had chairs and tables and corn hole and other outdoor games that go with drinking up there last year. I don't think the structure was up yet.

I sat up there one afternoon with a buddy last season. It's a pretty sweet deck.

The weekends and holidays have become intolerable up there for me now. That's way too many people on one ski run imho. I went with a midweek pass this year.
Me too (and @kimberlin) - a friend went up on Friday and said that the lines were around about 1 hour, which in my view is not worth it for a WROD.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I will still ski the weekends if there is powder. Hit the entrance around 7:30 for good parking. Since you have an hour to wait for the lifts to open you can smoke your favorite indica to mellow out and not hate on the crowds while drinking a coffee and listening to Bob Marley or whatever floats your boat. Looks like good progress on the WROD to GCE.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like a 10 min line today. Should be good to get up there until Friday I am thinking.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Local kids are all off from school tomorrow. I skied yesterday and enjoyed it. I bumped up through the line all day to get in as many laps as I could. It's sketchy up there but doable.

I'm really hoping that in two years I can van life it at Taos for a few months in the winter. I'm ready to move on from Snowbowl.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It wasn't bad at all today. I skied 11 laps and I don't think I waited more than 10 mins in the lift line. Lots of beginners with first day legs out. It will be serious carnage if they get GCE open this weekend.
IMG_1151.jpg IMG_1148.jpg

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, this is a pisser...

weather.jpg

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess it's good this storm is staying south... looks to be raining at Sunrise. :(

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yeah what a bummer of a storm. Little colder and a little farther north and this would've been the season base builder. Ski Apache had to close due to a downpour on Friday.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
My immediate thought (while driving) after reading @teejaywhy 's post was what about the Lemmon? Though if it was too warm for Sunrise, I surmised it wouldve been the same down south....If it had gotten hammered, road cleared, and opened before it all melted, I wouldve made a trip up this week.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am sure this will get dialed back but nice to see some legit snow in Snowbowl's forecast.

ss.png

cholla

Booting up
Skier
I like what you did there.....reverse psychology ;)

Is that forecast for Flagstaff? Or Snowbowl itself?

ss.png

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I like what you did there.....reverse psychology ;)

Is that forecast for Flagstaff? Or Snowbowl itself?

I was too lazy to crop it again. That is Snowbowl. Looks like it is 9-13" for Sunday night now. Hopefully this will get some more runs open.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Agassiz is getting groomed right now and they've been blowing on North Star as well. Hopefully it will all connect up Lower Ridge and not just be off the Sunset Chair. We really need another main run down from midway. Lower Bowl has been scary.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like about 10" on the Snotel, right in line with the forecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online