• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Since Kent @ Eastside Edge closed down, Matt Finagin at Fast Ski has been recommended.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Regarding tunes in town, anyone have any experience with Fast Ski Sports? I normally just go to Footloose (Ro-bear, Ollie, and crew) but the shop isn't up and running yet. Usually avoid Montana machines as I am not a fan of radial tunes but wondering if they can just set a consistent base bevel.
I can definitely give Fast Ski Sports a couple of big :thumb::thumb:. Matt is a good guy and he and his crew pay close attention to what they are doing. I've been going there for years, back to the original owners, Robin and his wife Emily. That was truly a mom and pop shop down through the years. They retired and sold the business to Matt about 5 years ago. As I understand it, many of the junior racers in town won't take their skis anywhere else.

freddie

Booting up
Skier
just looked at the mammoth webcams... how on earth are they going to open in less than a month when there is no snow and nothing in the forecast for the next 10 days?

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
just looked at the mammoth webcams... how on earth are they going to open in less than a month when there is no snow and nothing in the forecast for the next 10 days?
I AM NOT LISTENING, ZONING YOU OUT

But you have a point..... They are hoping for that weather change expected/forecasted at the end of October but thats a long ways

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I predict a major DUMP on Halloween. Just to be sure, I am doing my snow dances regularly. I'm also shaking my rain stick, because rain in soCal often translates to snow at Mammoth.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Time to start major snow dancing!!!! Temps are cooling down but we need some moisture. What the ritual ceremonies can we engage in to get this party started?
I could go out of town … somewhere like Vegas where snow doesn’t matter! Ok. I’m on it… early November. That should take care of So Cal and Tahoe!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I could go out of town … somewhere like Vegas where snow doesn’t matter! Ok. I’m on it… early November. That should take care of So Cal and Tahoe!
I think you're just gonna go and visit your son;)

...there was supposed To be a winky face emoji after that!

Last edited:

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorite memory is the year it snowed and snowed in October. We were heading up to get carpet delivered and I insisted on taking up ski gear though no one expected them to open.

It was a magical opening day.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
Just bought my IKON pass today and hope it's a good year for snow. I'm moving from Bellflower to Riverside next week so it's gonna be a much shorter trip to Big Bear for me, though I suppose it's about the same to get to Mammoth/June.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just bought my IKON pass today and hope it's a good year for snow. I'm moving from Bellflower to Riverside next week so it's gonna be a much shorter trip to Big Bear for me, though I suppose it's about the same to get to Mammoth/June.
It's mainly spending more time on Highway 395, which is quite boring....

From bellflower, I assume you make your way to the 5 then Highway 14, and then Highway 395 around Ridgecrest.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Cool, I'm in Riverside too. I'm by UCR. let's get together sometime especially a trip to Mammoth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January