• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
@In2h2o I thought they salted the loading ramps too. I also leave water in the car to clean off the edges. Of all the skis I have owned, the 20/21 factions LOVE to rust :(

Bob Yoder

Yoder up
Skier
PSA? Mammoth salts A LOT this time of the year - I always carry 2 gallons of water in the car to rinse off my skis at the end of the day. A woman saw me doing this at stump this week and asked why...... I'm I just being overly protective? Anyone else?
They use water softner salt. You can see the bags stored on the hill. Groomers do put down a track which is great for later in the day.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow. That's what I get for quitting by Noon. Looking for the video of the groomer/salt spreader being dodged by the end of the day rush hour traffic.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mountain set up nice and crisp last night. Drop right under the gondola was our favorite yesterday.
Tuesday 7 am
View attachment 204697
Chair 23 bumps on Monday
View attachment 204698
The drop right under the Gondola is aptly named "Climax"....nice big soft mush bumps under there yesterday. The bumps the skier in the lime/yellow jacket is in are called Dropout Chutes and the one further to skiers left is Wipeout chutes not to be confused with Avalanche chute which on Lincoln Mtn (chair 22 which is not open this time of year). Both were skiing amazing all weekend. The entire upper ridge was just so good all weekend. With the gondola going on maintenance today, chair 23 will be the ticket until the Gondola is back in service.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was there, I had an instance where I thought I was on the runout and was looking for someone or something in the distance. Suddenly, "whoa, I'm going way too fast. Do I try to turn or just hold on?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online