• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied some laps with @Guy in Shorts for his first ever Ikon day today at Sugarbush. I started off at with Jester to Lower Domino, then cut across to meet him (and family) at Gate House… proceeded to miss each other for a few runs, mostly because I can’t commit to staying in one place for too long. Hit Morning Star solo in the meantime which is still skiing very very well. No scraping to be heard.

We skied Sleeper Chute (the real one skier’s right of the trail by the same name) which was 100% worth it with this much snow. Then took Slide Brook to Ellen. Ducked into some woods, skied some bumps. Got him in trouble with his wife by heading down Exterminator without telling her where we were going. That’s where all the snow on the mountain had ended up though, so no regrets.

Lower FIS
Looking down Lower FIS where all the people aren’t.

I skied Tumbler, Semi-Tough, and Lower FIS (aka the best trail on the mountain) top to bottom after we parted ways. Light snow at the top throughout. Closed out a powder weekend with a maple latte from Nomad.

C6B4E777-F5CE-403C-BA7E-68274E101385.jpeg

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Had a great day at Tenney this past thursday. Great snow, great terrain, no crowds and a lift that lets you savor a full beer before you have to get off.

Check it out if you get the chance.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Had a great day at Tenney this past thursday. Great snow, great terrain, no crowds and a lift that lets you savor a full beer before you have to get off.

Check it out if you get the chance.
1650 vertical is pretty good for a small mountain. How are the trails?
Once you know your way around the smaller places have untracked snow for days, not hours.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We were talking to a guy on the lift the other day about how sometimes we pay to ski at the smaller hill when we could ski the big mountain on our pass at no cost. It is ironic in a way.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For someone still working, the smaller hills that aren't open midweek are great if you like more ungroomed (and a lot less tracked out) skiing. I have discovered a few that I keep close to the vest. When their in the $50 range for a weekend ticket it almost seems like skiing for free, especially when you can bring your own lunch or buy their reasonably priced food.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone skied Jay in the last week or two? How are the woods? We're thinking of heading up there this weekend but if the woods aren't in good shape I don't think it's worth the drive.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone skied Jay in the last week or two? How are the woods? We're thinking of heading up there this weekend but if the woods aren't in good shape I don't think it's worth the drive.
My buddy was just at Jay this past weekend…he had a great weekend in the woods.

I’ll be at Stowe this weekend..

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’ll find out tomorrow. Anything you want me to check out?

Be there for a few days if anyone is around and wants to take a few laps.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll find out tomorrow. Anything you want me to check out?

Be there for a few days if anyone is around and wants to take a few laps.
Nothing in particular but thanks for the offer.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nothing in particular but thanks for the offer.
Skied Beaver Pond and Andre’s multiple times. Was very nice in there, came across one or two icy spots each run, but that’s for 1 turn only. Skied North Glade once, will be going back there tomorrow as it has plenty of freshies still. Came across a few sections with 4-5 turns in 6-8” of powder. Skied Buckaroo once as well, not bad with very good snow, but the others had better snow overall. Will explore more tomorrow.

This is my first time skiing here and it does not disappoint. Overall conditions are fantastic. Much better than the 3 days we just had at Stowe. Will have to ride the tram for sure tomorrow.

edit because I forgot the pics in Beavers or there about….

Attachments

• BFA5E859-2899-4201-A23C-189AC4AF60BB.jpeg
    BFA5E859-2899-4201-A23C-189AC4AF60BB.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 10
  • F4B0AE28-AC39-42AD-A2F9-F6102393A843.jpeg
    F4B0AE28-AC39-42AD-A2F9-F6102393A843.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 10

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The woods up in Maine have a decent base but depending on the trail the stuff underneath is hard. It starts off great, then the middle cliff section has more exposed rocks, then it gets nice again.

it would be cool to get up to Jay. The day pass price predicament is a pita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor