• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I run 16 pairs of the exact same socks. Are they mismatched? Perhaps. Definitely not the original pairing from the factory.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..."

1679345501063.png

James

Out There
Instructor
Hey, James, I don't want to rock your world more than it already is, but be prepared. I have a new ski outfit as well. I went with red jacket and smoke grey pants. Its sexier and a lot cleaner looking. I will be modeling it at the gathering. Maybe its time for you to update? :roflmao:

But don't tell us, let it be a surprise.
Here’s hoping that new outfit keeps you from falling off the lift.
<Thud!>
”What was that??”
-Oh just Scott falling off. Does it all the time.
I need a new jacket too. But don't worry, I'm shopping for the same color.
There’ll be a serious disturbance in the Force if you switch colors.
However… there’s a clause that says it’s fine if you also switch boots to one made in the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I run 16 pairs of the exact same socks. Are they mismatched? Perhaps. Definitely not the original pairing from the factory.
My husband had a college roommate whose mother bought him multiple pairs of identical socks so he could just pull out two and be sure they matched. Easy to do laundry, too.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Monday March 20th.

Skied with @Erik Timmerman in the morning. Lots of trees, bumps and failed attempts at whirlybirds. Homework assignments…. Did have some success at improving counter in the bumps though.

Erik had to work in the afternoon. Skied some corn snow bumps on Spruce. Main Street was still frozen at least until the lower parts. More corn harvest off the Sunny chair.

And then I figured I’d ski Bruce. Big mistake. Crusty spring gloppy snow. Where it wasn’t crusty it was sticky. Not a good combination on a trail that’s maybe 10 feet wide. I did manage a few sections where I linked two or three turns. Truly awful run. I was glad when I reached the xc trails. Bruce would ski nicely if another 200 people go through to pack it down a bit more.

Got the bus back. Couldn’t end the weekend with a run like that! Front Four was closed (it was like 3:40) but Centerline was still open. Skied those bumps really well. Onto Gulch for more bumps; again, held a nice line. Yay.

It was 3:58 when I reached the quad. I could have done an @mdf and taken one more but I figured I had a good run. No sense in pushing it (and thus why I’m only an associate member of the Ministry of Bad Ideas).

Not sure if I’ll make it back to Stowe this season. NEG next weekend and then we’ll see what April brings.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
C'mon people. This is a ski forum. Not a fashion forum. :nono:
I call BS. You and your family are always styling. That doesn't happen by accident. Also, you are not above making the odd style-related comment here yourself. It just makes you a little uncomfortable when other people do it.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sunday River skied nicely today. The weather was spring like and the snow was more like winter. The groomers were firm and softened up some. Any bumps were quite rigid.
PXL_20230320_165400636.jpg PXL_20230320_165405567.jpg

Inside the Jordan 8 with my friend Tracy and her friend Sarah.
Img_2023_03_20_18_14_15.jpeg

Last edited:

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sunday River skied nicely today. The weather was spring like and the snow was more like winter. The groomers were firm and softened up some. Any bumps were quite rigid.
View attachment 197530 View attachment 197531
After a week in Taos, a week in Utah, and two weeks on the couch, I am pretty sure I will not be able to ski New England conditions without, you know, a walker or something.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After a week in Taos, a week in Utah, and two weeks on the couch, I am pretty sure I will not be able to ski New England conditions without, you know, a walker or something.
Maybe oxygen.

James

Out There
Instructor
Fashion? I prefer aggressively distasteful.
We did not notice this. Perhaps you need to come to Maine this weekend to prove it. We can find some non-skiing activities for you to do.

Clearly the solution is a pair of Stocklis.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny way of spelling "beige" :duck:

The real answer here is to fit into kids' jackets. Then you get the whole rainbow at 1/3 the price. Fashion? I prefer aggressively distasteful.
Don’t you be insulting my jackets. :nono:

Kids’ jackets don’t leave enough room for me to stuff my chest area with unneeded buffs and hats. For bonus “augmentation”. :roflmao:

Am I the only person who does that? I promise it’s just for shits and giggles…

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Says Mr. Queer Eye himself. I couldn't start to list the number of ski jackets / outfits purchased based on your recommendation (ahem, approval)
EXACTLY. Or in spite of them, in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online