• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2022-2023 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
There's this little place just east of Stevens that's not on your radar just yet. It could be very nice this weekend....

Good call on Mission Ridge, I forgot about them! I would love to check them out at some point this season.

And you think paying for parking in B lot is expensive? :roflmao:

Haha, I was more referring to us B-lot folks now having to get weekend parking reservations versus A-lot folks not needing reservations. If you have any Ikon or Crystal season pass they don't charge you to park so paid parking won't be an issue for most of the people who ski at Crystal.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
C lot of course is the best, when Gold Hills is running you can ski back to your car.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skibowl opens on Saturday! I wish I could be there, I was at opening day there the past two seasons.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Crystal today
Yes, it was a strange day. Nice sun breaks early but the snow is a bit thicker and grabber than we expected. It was a bit too much work and we ended up leaving early without doing a lot of adventuring around. It will be nice when they start grooming the upper mountain so the legs can have a break once in a while. Still hardly any lift lines.

Reactions: RJS

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stevens opener
What a difference a year makes. They had Brooks, Skyline, Hogs, Chief, Daisy, and even Seventh Heaven which open midday. The powder pigs were out in force. Very little grooming. Lots of Puckerbrush. The snow was pretty darn good. Lots and lots of people. Big lift lines in the a.m. but it mellowed out towards midday. Everything got pretty moguled out. Very limited grooming.

full parking lots
IMG_0919.JPG

mid dayliftlines
IMG_0920.JPG

Lots of little trees and a one cat wide groomer on the top of Chief IMG_0921.JPG

Line on Seventh Heaven
IMG_0922.JPG

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skipped the 7th Heaven line (it was even longer at time) and instead played around on the Skyline lift line. Fun day for sure! Busiest opening day (that wasn’t a weekend) that I’ve seen at Stevens. I got there around 9:30 and left at 2:30, there were some people who had apparently been there since 8am.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Second day at Baker. Snow is still excellent. And despite the forecast not calling for anything, it snowed the whole day. The White Salmon lot was not even 1/2 full and zero lines all day -- Stevens, you're the best!

I was planning to try out some new carvers today, but one ride up 5 and Gabl's was calling, I went back to the car and got some wider planks. I skied nothing but Gabl's all day. It looks sparse, but the snow was great; didn't hit one rock. Honkers on Wednesday was far more treacherous. Last run was fabulous: I cut skiers right and got under the Gabl cliffs and grabbed 4 or 5 turns in knee deep untracked snow. Total face shots.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
My 2nd day of this season, at Timberline Lodge. Lots of new snow and SURPRISE: A bit of sunshine. No crowds. They had Bruno's, Pucci, Molly's, and Jeff Flood lifts open. The skiing was great, but Meadows yesterday was a bit better (more fresh snow to ski on).

My new boots are wonderful.

1202221210_HDR.jpg

1202221210.jpg

1202221247_HDR.jpg

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice Sunday at Baker. Cool conditions, firm snow, carving on Chair 8 most of the day.

Lodge was packed for lunch.
89570018-F4AA-4167-8939-34AB773C9FD4.jpeg
B83C031B-220C-45A8-8B8B-8AAC3C853D3B.jpeg

Top of Pan Face, about 45 degree slopes with the volcano in the background.
A8D05AE8-B1D5-4744-9A04-A1885E29D9CD.jpeg

My son likes the low angle, early season light on Shuksan best. Camera never does it justice.
466AFBEC-EB4D-47E7-B446-6421CBDECC54.jpeg

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a reminder, now that the season is under way, we have a PNW Gathering Feb 20-22, with a discussion thread here

and a roll call thread here.

It's little unusual to have it at three different places, so kind of an experiment, though they are all within easy proximity of Spokane/Couer d' Alene, and I kind of want to support these independent resorts. You can pick and choose which days you want to attend, if not all 3, and even manage your trip a bit to overlap with the "official" dates.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Just a reminder, now that the season is under way, we have a PNW Gathering Feb 20-22, with a discussion thread here

and a roll call thread here.

It's little unusual to have it at three different places, so kind of an experiment, though they are all within easy proximity of Spokane/Couer d' Alene, and I kind of want to support these independent resorts. You can pick and choose which days you want to attend, if not all 3, and even manage your trip a bit to overlap with the "official" dates.
Unfortunately you planned it the exact same week we are at Crystal for a Jr. Regional followed by a Jr. National Freeride comp.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
1 more before the storm. Stayed cold which made for grippy snow. Off piste was good too. Unfortunately I couldn't lure any of my ski pals,they wanted no part of it. I even offered to trade skis. 165 Redsters. Nice flex & TR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online