• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2022-2023 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
So, I was doing some loose planning, recalling my last visit to Lookout on the way to a Gathering.

I'm attending the SLC Gathering which starts 2/25 (with 2/25 being a travel day for me to arrive in Sandy, UT). And I'm planning a Red Mt trip as well. So if I string them all together, it would look something like this (with proposed PNW Gathering days in bold):

Friday 2/17-Sunday 2/19 at Red Mt.

Monday 2/20 (President's Day) at 49 N
Tuesday 2/21 Silver Mt
Wednesday 2/22 Lookout Pass.

From Lookout I would drive to Missoula, and maybe ski a day at Lost Trail on Thursday 2/23, and from there drive to Eden UT for a couple of days at Snowbasin/Powder MT before the SLC Gathering.

I realize the timing is around my road trip idea and may not work for everyone. Any thoughts?

If there's some consensus I can start a PNW Gathering thread.
Works for me except I'd like to avoid 2/20 Holiday. So I might do Silver, Lookout, and Silver again... (Silver is on Powder Alliance, blackout 2/20)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
If last year was an indicator Presidents Day will not be an issue at 49. If there is a line over 5 minutes for the quad in the morning it would be shocking. (If the power were to be off,which is very rare, all bets are off)

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was just reading about that expansion project. Roughly doubling the acreage!

Ive driven by there hundreds of times but never skied there. How do you get back to the base or other lifts from the new area? This maybe the year I finally ski there!

You ski just a little way down past the bottom of the new lift and then ride up Lift #2, Timberwolf on the Montana Side, to get back to the main summit. Lookout is a lot of fun--definitely worth a stop.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
This showed up today in another group. Lookout Pass the Eagle Peak area is in the background.
There are 2 mores sides to the area that don't show in the picture.

305020675_3374208436157843_2045588096724478240_n.jpg

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Bachelor email.
We plan to operate the existing lift this winter, then say goodbye to old “Sky” as we move forward with the installation of a new Doppelmayr 6-Pack in time for the 2023-24 winter season.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another Bachelor e-mail:

"Mt. Bachelor has implemented a new pricing approach for season pass products, which will be followed by a similar change in pricing for many of our ticket products for the upcoming winter season. In simple terms there will now be two prices for these lift access products, a lower priced option that, similar to year’s past, requires you to sign our standard release of liability and a new higher priced option that does not require you to sign a release of liability. "

I looked up prices on their website and an adult season pass costs $150 more for not signing the release of liability.

This seems like an unusual approach, wonder if it would stand up in court.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Here's the rest of it.

On mountain we will be adding up to 5 additional positions per day in our pro-patrol department. We received more feedback than ever last season regarding skier and rider conflicts on our runs. While this was largely a result of fewer powder days forcing everyone onto ski runs in pursuit of groomed corduroy, we definitely heard you and will be increasing our patrol presence across the mountain to educate and enforce safe skiing and riding behaviors, especially in our high traffic areas.

We will also be returning to 8:00 a.m. openings for passholders only on Red Chair on Saturdays and holidays, subject to weather constraints. As we did for the 2019-20 winter season, the intention for this is to reward our most loyal customers with some fresh early tracks and to help spread out traffic on Century Drive on our busiest days. Red Chair will continue to operate on a 7 day schedule, opening at 9:00 a.m. Sunday-Friday throughout the core of the season.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Is it snow or just ash?
There has been chunks of ash falling in Central Oregon. Air quality was hazardous in Bend yesterday.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers after midnight. Snow level 7500 feet. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Saturday
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Snow level 6000 feet.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Snow level 6500 feet.
Sunday
Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Snow level 6500 feet.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Snow level 7000 feet.
Monday
Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Snow level 7000 feet.

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
If last year was an indicator Presidents Day will not be an issue at 49. If there is a line over 5 minutes for the quad in the morning it would be shocking. (If the power were to be off,which is very rare, all bets are off)
How are the lift lines during Christmas break? I may visit my daughter in Spokane again this year.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
How are the lift lines during Christmas break? I may visit my daughter in Spokane again this year.
Not at all that bad. 1st thing in the morning you may see a line at new quad, over 5 minutes is very unusual. On any day you can ski the 3 chairs on the west 1/2 of the mountain and pretty much ski on to the chairs.

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not at all that bad. 1st thing in the morning you may see a line at new quad, over 5 minutes is very unusual. On any day you can ski the 3 chairs on the west 1/2 of the mountain and pretty much ski on to the chairs.
Thanks, I'll try to get some Dad -daughter ski time this season a day at 49North would be great.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
So a reminder, this thread is for all PNW info; if we develop a critical mass of interest in a mini Gathering we will likely create a separate thread for more info and planning specific to that event.

So, I was doing some loose planning, recalling my last visit to Lookout on the way to a Gathering.

I'm attending the SLC Gathering which starts 2/25 (with 2/25 being a travel day for me to arrive in Sandy, UT). And I'm planning a Red Mt trip as well. So if I string them all together, it would look something like this (with proposed PNW Gathering days in bold):

Tuesday 2/21 Silver Mt

From Lookout I would drive to Missoula, and maybe ski a day at Lost Trail on Thursday 2/23, and from there drive to Eden UT for a couple of days at Snowbasin/Powder MT before the SLC Gathering.

I realize the timing is around my road trip idea and may not work for everyone. Any thoughts?

I would be in for some sort of mini gathering along those lines. Suggesting a PNW mini gathering thread be started.

In other news, I received my Sr Fusion Pass today in the mail. $369 and Includes Powder Alliace (Mission, White Pass, Silver)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier

Tuesday 2/21 Silver Mt

Bring it on David.
Those dates will be just marvelous, unless they aren't.
I could get stuck having to teach on the 20th but will try to schedule it off. Tuesday and/or Wednesday should not be an issue.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ask and you shall receive.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier

Don'tfit

Putting on skis
Skier
Another Bachelor e-mail:

"Mt. Bachelor has implemented a new pricing approach for season pass products, which will be followed by a similar change in pricing for many of our ticket products for the upcoming winter season. In simple terms there will now be two prices for these lift access products, a lower priced option that, similar to year’s past, requires you to sign our standard release of liability and a new higher priced option that does not require you to sign a release of liability. "

I looked up prices on their website and an adult season pass costs $150 more for not signing the release of liability.

This seems like an unusual approach, wonder if it would stand up in court.

They preparing for the loss regarding the latest wrongful death lawsuit against the inept shit show they run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online