• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2022-2023 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A $20-50 toll would definitely cut down on traffic!! They wouldn't be messing around. Hopefully the public transit would massively improve in conjunction with such a move. Otherwise that's going to be a very tough and @HardDaysNight will have a lot more ski buddies to ski with. Hopefully this is not some scare tactic to drum up more local support for the proposed LCC gondola which is severely lacking at the moment.
I admit I’m a pessimist (and experience has taught me that there is much to be pessimistic about) but this proposal seems doomed unless there is a revolution in public transit in the Cottonwoods. The hordes coming to Park City resorts can probably be kept at bay by expanding the pay-for-parking scheme at PCMR and introducing one at Deer Valley - which apparently is on the cards anyway. The net will be to increase the cost of skiing at these resorts by $25-50 per car per day. For tourons it’s just another, relatively minor, cost of the trip. I don’t doubt that Utah will continue to pullulate with gapers all ski season long!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok Utah Whiskey/ Bourbon drinkers, where are the really good bourbons sold as a bottle, to the consumer? You have the state liquor stores, but places like the Whiskey Bar have almost everything. In Wisconsin, if a bar has it, you can get at a retailer too. So are the hidden liquor stores in Utah?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ok Utah Whiskey/ Bourbon drinkers, where are the really good bourbons sold as a bottle, to the consumer? You have the state liquor stores, but places like the Whiskey Bar have almost everything. In Wisconsin, if a bar has it, you can get at a retailer too. So are the hidden liquor stores in Utah?
It's pretty much the state stores, unless someone knows something I don't.
When we travel to Utah, we usually bring our own from Nevada because its so easy to buy here and affordable too!

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
A $20-50 toll would definitely cut down on traffic!! They wouldn't be messing around. Hopefully the public transit would massively improve in conjunction with such a move. Otherwise that's going to be a very tough and @HardDaysNight will have a lot more ski buddies to ski with. Hopefully this is not some scare tactic to drum up more local support for the proposed LCC gondola which is severely lacking at the moment.
$2500 for AltaBird pass plus 20-50 bucks a day. lol. Snowbasin here i come!

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
nothing like that , but u can buy direct from the distileries

Utah liquor laws are the worst!

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
nothing like that , but u can buy direct from the distileries

Utah liquor laws are the worst!
You mean Utah distilleries? You not buying from others, because Utah doesn't allow shipping in from others. :(

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
You mean Utah distilleries? You not buying from others, because Utah doesn't allow shipping in from others. :(
Unfortunately. A lot end up driving to the border to pick up on their alcoholic needs. And if there happens to be a dispensary on the way to the liquor store in Nevada, well then not an insignificant number make a pit stop there as well ..... Strictly as a bathroom break of course. Driving back with marijuana products from the border would be illegal :)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry I ha ha’d your post. But haha! Best option is go straight to the distilleries. Ogden’s Own distillery sells direct. It’s off 21st street near downtown and Enve Composites. I can ride my bike there when the trail isn’t flooded.

Speaking of flooding, Ogden Canyon finally took the beating longer than it could handle.
IMG_0993.jpeg

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Unfortunately. A lot end up driving to the border to pick up on their alcoholic needs. And if there happens to be a dispensary on the way to the liquor store in Nevada, well then not an insignificant number make a pit stop there as well ..... Strictly as a bathroom break of course. Driving back with marijuana products from the border would be illegal :)
Then you you test your driving on the Salt flats. :)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was thinking today if there were some good MTB trails near Wendover, it’d be a much more worthy trip :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online