• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 FIFA World Cup

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
LOL, Korea's second goal...:roflmao::nono::nono::nono:

This is getting more fixed than WWE man.
Hope Portugal clowns are kicked out still in the next round.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I still remember when Korea was using the World Cup venue to protest what they felt were bad calls in the previous Winter Olympic speed skating events.. Their team members were doing speed skating arm waving motions when they felt the ref made a bad call against them...

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled

What advantage does it give Portugal for "throwing" that game??? :huh:

South Korea or Uruguay, they'll be slaughtered by Brazil.

Or just conspiracy behind every corner?

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Credit to Cameroon. That guy will probably never have to buy a drink again in his life. Red card through sheer joy or not.

Don't think anyone would have pegged NL and England for best record going into second round.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What advantage does it give Portugal for "throwing" that game??? :huh:

In that particular case my money is on…money…
Samsung is one of the biggest sponsors.

One thing you should always remember about football: FIFA is corrupt to the core and playing dirty for this or that reason is basically the SOP. If it wasn‘t like this the World Cup would have never been held in Qatar. Of all places.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
playing dirty for this or that reason is basically the SOP. If it wasn‘t like this the World Cup would have never been held in Qatar. Of all places.
Agreed.... but that's a long, long, very long, super long way from the teams/players on the field actively participating in the corruption.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
OK here we go. Is the Netherlands the "tallest" team? They seem to tower over everyone else.. Good for set plays..

jt10000

步步高升
Skier

Yeah. Son really impressed me - not at his absolute best, but he turned on the "Turbo" that put the fear into Portugal. And then that pass and his teammate's finish. Pure class all around - him and his teammates.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
south-park-eric-cartman.gif

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
USA don't really seem to have anything to offer. Oh hang on Weah has just had a pop - hopefully that'll pep them up. Bit of a mistake going to a world cup without a striker though.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Think that's it unless you have Benzema, identity altered by the feds in the dressing room.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
#2 in the world is making this look pretty easy for them. All US has enjoyed is a couple lucky bounces.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Same old same old. Really discouraging, again. US announcers trying to put a post-game spin on the game that just wasn't there.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
2 steps forward = 1 1/2 steps back. US Football is getting better, more players getting experience in the big leagues. Problem is those big league players/teams are getting better too and at a higher rate.
Just can’t expect them to have the depth of the best national teams, and EVERY player is important in this sport. A lineman or even the quarterback can have a bad day and a NFL game is not lost, or that player can be replaced with an almost equal player.
But every player on the pitch (and on the bench) is equally important to winning or losing. The US team played up to their level in the tournament - no shame there. It will be interesting - in 4 years, playing the WC in the US with more US players with more experience. I will expect and hope for more.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Right?? I mean, let's be realistic and maintain some perspective...
I thought it was a good showing. Even played a relatively even match with NED, even though the difference in the teams was clear in the margins.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did not think it was a good showing. Hard to understand the talent/feel for the game gap between the US and elite teams (bet the US has more kids in youth, club and development academy soccer than the Dutch have people in total). Hard to understand why US has not developed any strikers. Hard to understand the absent-minded performance of the defense.
Watched the game with my D-1 college soccer sons who know the game well and who were apoplectic over the tactical errors, missed opportunities, and how much the Netherlands toyed with the US team.
Sorry to be a nattering nabob of negativism, but that performance was so disappointing after such lofty expectations.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wo...ed-from-world-cup-as-netherlands-outplay-them

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did not think it was a good showing. Hard to understand the talent/feel for the game gap between the US and elite teams (bet the US has more kids in youth, club and development academy soccer than the Dutch have people in total). Hard to understand why US has not developed any strikers. Hard to understand the absent-minded performance of the defense.
Watched the game with my D-1 college soccer sons who know the game well and who were apoplectic over the tactical errors, missed opportunities, and how much the Netherlands toyed with the US team.
Sorry to be a nattering nabob of negativism, but that performance was so disappointing after such lofty expectations.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wo...ed-from-world-cup-as-netherlands-outplay-them

There is no comparison of youth programs in the states and the football academies in other - especially European - countries.
And “Major League Soccer” - is NOT anywhere near the “Major Leagues”
And the coaching….
Your expectations - and that of the network salespeople were too high.

Sponsor

Staff online