• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Ford Maverick

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

E3UVYmXWYAUY23f

E3UgXd9XoAALsWV

• 2.5 L hybrid is standard. 40 MPG. 191 hp 155 torque 2,000 lbs towing capacity.
  • Optional 2.0 EcoBoost available. 250 hp 277 lb-ft toque 4,000 lbs towing capacity.
  • 8 speed automatic transmission available on FWD or AWD.
  • Onboard modem and new tech features like Apple CarPlay standard. Lane keep and adaptive cruise control Optional. No word on BlueCruise
  • Max payload 1,500 lbs
  • Bed is 4.5’ x 4’
  • Like the Bronco, it’s very accessory forward.
  • Starting price UNDER $20,000.

E3UgXdVXMAEyZpo

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll admit I don’t really follow pickups, but that looks like a pretty impressive set of specs (price/features/efficiency).

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I kinda like that, except the base lodge is either too cramped or too exposed. And my skis would have to go diagonally in the bed.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you boxed in the bed, my wife would buy one tomorrow, to replace her beloved, aging Honda Element.

She might do so anyway, down the road, and install a topper.

But heck, we're still waiting for the Transit Crew Van we ordered in March.

Are Thanksgiving presents a thing?!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess it will compete with the Nissan Frontier and Chevy Colorado. I could be in the market in two or three years. Can you get the 40 mpg hybrid with 4wd?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess no one else remembers the original Ford Maverick.
My friend cut half the roof off and made a pickup out if his. 40 years ahead of the curve!

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess it will compete with the Nissan Frontier and Chevy Colorado. I could be in the market in two or three years. Can you get the 40 mpg hybrid with 4wd?
I'm thinking more along the lines of the Honda Ridgeline.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I guess no one else remembers the original Ford Maverick.

So they take the name of a crappy compact car from the 70's, which was based off the platform of the Falcon from the 60's. :doh:
This is their idea on name recognition for yet another pickup?
Ford has some real geniuses in marketing these days. Like using the Mustang name on an EV. :geek:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One of my favorite Hot Wheels, the Mighty Maverick.
Mav_group2a.jpg

But I agree, the wrong name. With that said....

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They should have gone with Ranchero. A truck that's not *really* a truck. I only say that because it's a unibody, not body on frame.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you boxed in the bed, my wife would buy one tomorrow, to replace her beloved, aging Honda Element.
I have been saying this for a while, no one has addressed the small "Suburban" segment. An SUV with the emphasis on the U-utility ie actually cargo space behind the second row.

There is a lot I like about this, but it just doesn't fit a skiers lifestyle....how are you going to carry skis? I agree with @Tom K., as empty nesters, I'd like to see an SUV version or an extended cab with jump seats for our boot bags or for Gypsy to ride alone...on the same wheelbase with a longer bed.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

It will totally compete with the Jeep Renegade. Because it has directly comparable engine options, a similar cab length, similar price point, and you can carry three people and three bikes (with the front wheels off but nevertheless). It's a Ute hybrid version (i.e. a better one) of the little Fiat kickbox.

I have been saying this for a while, no one has addressed the small "Suburban" segment. An SUV with the emphasis on the U-utility ie actually cargo space behind the second row.

Ford actually got clever with this one, looked at the Renegade and said "Oh, hey, how about we sell you that except with room for luggage?"

There is a lot I like about this, but it just doesn't fit a skiers lifestyle....how are you going to carry skis?

Same as with the Renegade - or a short bed Taco - in a box on a rack on top. If you have kayaks, you're going to have to have a rack or a trailer anyway, and with the Ford you can get to the rack without standing on the rear seat. And with the Ford you can get a towing package without having a body shop cut the bumper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogg
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I really like the fresh look and design of the interior, simple function.

Sponsor

Staff online