• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Taos Mini-Gathering - January 22 - January 29, 2022

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Lodging booked in town 22-27 Jan and lift tickets bought for skiing 24-26 Jan. Will likely drive up to the hill to get the lay of the land and pick up lift tickets on the 23rd. If we see some of the skitalk crowd we'll be sure to say hello or moon you if it was a powder day we missed:)

Haven't been on skis in 3 seasons so workouts commenced 6 weeks ago and we're going to Crested Butte first for 4 days so we can recover a slightly higher level of sucking before Taos.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Signed up for the ski week. Adults => excellent deal. Children's ski school....:geek::geek:

We will all have fun!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe we should just move the whole thing to Alta. See appended Alta multi-foot forecast (from the NWS, not that Open Snow wishful thinking bullpucky). By contrast, the NWS is predicting nothing more than "snow showers" for Taos into next week. I know. I'm faithless and thankless and greedy and deserve to be passed over by The Great Pumpkin.
Screenshot_20211222-081033.png

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Maybe we should just move the whole thing to Alta. See appended Alta multi-foot forecast (from the NWS, not that Open Snow wishful thinking bullpucky). By contrast, the NWS is predicting nothing more than "snow showers" for Taos into next week. I know. I'm faithless and thankless and greedy and deserve to be passed over by The Great Pumpkin.
View attachment 152204

Yes, maybe so, but I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday...

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe we should just move the whole thing to Alta.
If you can convince Taos to move all their ski weeks there, then I'm game.

Also, if you're going to pick a place with lots of snow coming, why not Palisades? :)

1640183306280.png

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you can convince Taos to move all their ski weeks there, then I'm game.
Right. Not a practicable idea. Just needed to express my intense desire for snow.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 152204

I'm the eternal optimist, but if you want to compare apples to apples, Opensnow shows Taos getting 52" over the next 10 days:mask:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We could carpool to Wolf Creek.

Attachments

• 20211222_082056.jpg
    20211222_082056.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 4

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Michel and I are driving so if the snow doesn't show we'll redirect to where there's snow. But thanks to Taos fairly generous ticket refund policy this season we will not have to decide until 9 Jan.

I'm hoping for a blast of snow but even if the ridge and Kachina aren't open we're still coming if most of the other runs are open with decent coverage.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Open Snow habitually moves the decimal place in its forecasts for Saddleback one place to the left once the 48 hour window is breached. For example, they'll call for 32" of snow. Then three days before the storm they'll bump it down to 12" and then 18 hours before it will be 3.2". I actually think that's their business model. Get everyone all stoked up and cash in.

Sponsor

Staff online