• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023-2024 Taos Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
This sounds like one of the golf club I am a member at. The course has been around for 2 decades but it was slowly going out of business. Some billionaires bought it and invested millions into it and then they raised the greens fees that priced out 99% of locals who’s been playing for decades. Locals got upset and felt the new owners should appreciate the locals. Guess what? They are trying to become a destination course and couldn’t care less if locals support them or not. The owners and their friends (we call them the “hogs”) get red carpet service when they come out to play. Being members don’t get any special treatment other than the privilege to play a beautiful course. Those who are hurt over this play elsewhere and life goes on.
Is that golf course located on public lands?

Therein makes ski resorts built on our public lands a bit different than your golf course example.

Is it ok to take public lands and turn them into playgrounds for only the most wealthy of people? everyone pays taxes to help fund our public lands management. Often, a higher percentage of income from lower and middle class citizens than the rich too so in that regard it's pretty F-d up.

Last edited:
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You guys are making me hungry talking about bacon so much.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How is the snow holding up? I hope to make it back up there before it closes unless work stops me. We are headed back home from Chamonix today, yesterday I needed a rain coat to ski, instructors wore rain coats that dropped below their knees and rubber gloves.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This just showed up in my mailbox. Could be of interest to those, like @mdf , who want to extend their Taos stay beyond what the Ikon provides.

1710858981749.png
Question: What is special about the second week in March?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Texas week. The Valley makes lots of money to stay in business that week.
We use the Ikon for the week. Skiing is generally good. Ski on to lift in the afternoon.
Totally deserted on the more advanced runs. The Value passes are all blacked out. Stay off the groomers and you are fine.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We use the Ikon for the week. Skiing is generally good. Ski on to lift in the afternoon.
Totally deserted on the more advanced runs. The Value passes are all blacked out. Stay off the groomers and you are fine.
I remember last season lift lines not bad. No idea about this season.

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
In my experience, the steeper the mogul run, the safer I am. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Moguls are speed bumps. Everyone skis slow, or else…it’s why I like them. I ski groomers slow as well, and it scares me, I got hit once 40 years ago and have PTSD from it.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am contemplating a drive up to Taos next Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.

If I bow down to His Grumpiness will he deign to ski a run or two with me?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh no!! We don't got no stinkin' Costcos around here! :geek: I feel like Calvin when Hobbs is in attack mode.

Perhaps I will just amuse myself and not risk the wrath. If he unceremoniously ditched @tonys and 27 other friends, I may just stay home and hide.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Oh no!! We don't got no stinkin' Costcos around here! :geek: I feel like Calvin when Hobbs is in attack mode.

Perhaps I will just amuse myself and not risk the wrath. If he unceremoniously ditched @tonys and 27 other friends, I may just stay home and hide.
There is cattle
Find a small calf
Bruce has knives

James

Out There
Instructor
Moguls are speed bumps. Everyone skis slow, or else…it’s why I like them. I ski groomers slow as well, and it scares me, I got hit once 40 years ago and have PTSD from it.
You’d think. I got hit in the head on an empty mogul trail. A big teenager I guess straight lined it and launched off a mogul. Fortunately I don’t remember it.

Sponsor

Staff online