• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Lusti MP 77

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Having never been on a sub mid 80mm ski....is this a ski worth checking out if one is interested in trying narrower / frontside oriented skis? or is the ...CWR 87 the better option.

I am 5'10 180-190lbs and was considering the 177
Two different animals. The MP (men's performance) is geared to carving while the CWR is more of an all mountain with chops to head off piste. That's not to say the CWR can't carve; it does quite well. Even stronger in the carving arena is the PC77 (performance carving). If you're looking for a well mannered groomer zoomer the PC is the call. If you're wanting a one ski quiver for groomers, chop, bumps, and some side trail it's the CWR.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Two different animals. The MP (men's performance) is geared to carving while the CWR is more of an all mountain with chops to head off piste. That's not to say the CWR can't carve; it does quite well. Even stronger in the carving arena is the PC77 (performance carving). If you're looking for a well mannered groomer zoomer the PC is the call. If you're wanting a one ski quiver for groomers, chop, bumps, and some side trail it's the CWR.
Good stuff! How would the CWR87 compare to a ski like the Fischer RC 86 GT?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Good stuff! How would the CWR87 compare to a ski like the Fischer RC 86 GT?
I haven't been on the Fischer in a while but I'd say the Fischer is a more burly and geared more towards the groomers while the Lusti, at least for me, is more comfortable all around.

At similar lengths the CWR has about a meter longer radius but I feel it's easier to get into the turns.

Sponsor