• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering: February 4th - February 11th, 2023

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Dumping in Taos and incredible runs on Ernie's, Hano's and North American. Dollar slot below kachina chair was knee deep in spots. El funko is skiing as good as ever and I found a new run from the blowdown a couple years ago.

Edit.... Also skied Bob's run under chair 7A only open a few days per year.
IMG20230302121534.jpg
IMG20230302115551.jpg IMG20230301134918.jpg

Last edited:

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Conditions were fantastic yesterday - we especially loved Cache Stash and North American. El Funko was rocky here and there, especially the higher traverse. Our last run was Longhorn and while the conditions were amazing, wow that was loooongggg on tired legs. Hoping to get back to Kachina and the ridge today.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also skied Bob's run under chair 7A only open a few days per year.
So does Bob's run start at the top of 7A? I saw under 7A that run was open, Saturday I saw that. Never seen that run open before (because the sun just melts the snow there), it looked great from the lift, good cover. I was tempted to ski it but I had to get back home.

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
Cache stash is named after the bomb stash near by I’m told.

Reactions: Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cache stash is named after the bomb stash near by I’m told.
I was wondering about that, I figured back in the ol days ski bum's kept their stash there or something...

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Since this is the gathering thread is there a better place to post Taos stuff like the four corners thread? Or do I keep it here?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Since this is the gathering thread is there a better place to post Taos stuff like the four corners thread? Or do I keep it here?
The four corners thread is the right place... though since there's enough interest there could be a specific Taos seasonal thread, like Mammoth, Steamboat, and Killington have. But that should wait until next season at this point I think. :)

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't worry about it snowfan, just keep turning and keep posting. See you in a couple weeks.. :beercheer:

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Never skied Santa Fe, but @Jerez has peaked my interest. They got really good prices, and I noticed their senior discouts start are 62 yrs old, I will be 62 next season!
I’ve never skied Sante Fe either. Between the skiing, beer, food, dog/hunting/shooting stories, I think we could have fun…

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
Never skied Santa Fe, but @Jerez has peaked my interest. They got really good prices, and I noticed their senior discouts start are 62 yrs old, I will be 62 next season!
It’s definitely worth a visit. It’s a mini-Taos kind of.
I’ll be happy to ski with you. On a good snow day, Santa Fe has plenty of fun terrain to offer.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve never skied Sante Fe either. Between the skiing, beer, food, dog/hunting/shooting stories, I think we could have fun…
I just reminded my wife I have one last ski trip planned, she said "yeah yeah, then it is fishing, then it is dog training, then it is hunting..." :roflmao:

I plan on skiing Taos Sunday 3/19 thru Saturday 3/25. I was thinking maybe Sunday trying Sante Fe because that is blackout day for my Value Taos pass, but I'm leaning now for just a full dose of Taos.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I won't be here on the 25th. Heading north to Winter Park for a month. But take @Pasha up on his offer. He is a good skier and a nice fellow; you will have fun. Late March could be full-on spring skiing. So watch the weather.

Reactions: Tex

Sponsor

Staff online