• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hot springs was a worthwhile trip. 3 of us went. A bit busier than expected at 3:30 on a Wednesday afternoon, but good. Perhaps more rewarding were the amazing views on the drive back to Taos.

PXL_20230209_003521481.MP-02.jpeg

Last edited:

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My logistics got a bit sideways and ended spending a bit more time local friends than I planned so I missed you guys..major apologies! We did represent and my local friend took me took a lot of stashes off the ridge today and it was still quite soft! I do love this mtn and the steeps are legit! Can't wait to come back during a storm cycle. Safe travels home everyone and I'll some of my Mammoth peeps up there in the next little while.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hot springs was a worthwhile trip. 3 of us went. A bit busier than expected at 3:30 on a Wednesday afternoon, but good. Perhaps more rewarding were the amazing views on the drive back to Taos.

View attachment 191894
Without snow, and a bit smaller mountains, looks surprisingly similar to White Sands. Where Oppenheimer and co did their test.

Ps: you forgot a food pic.

#graspinforskiingstraws

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski Santa Fe today with my sweetie.

We skied Muerte bumps in honor of @Tony S and @Dean

20230209_131725.jpg
Then we skied South Burn in honor @pais alto
20230209_140852.jpg
We skied Cornice and the phone line in honor of @Pasha but were having too much fun for a photo op.

Sun came our about a half hour ago but still snowing a bit. Should be amazing tomorrow in case anyone wants to skip class. Just sayin' you'd be welcome.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski Santa Fe today with my sweetie.

We skied Muerte bumps in honor of @Tony S and @Dean

View attachment 191969
Then we skied South Burn in honor @pais alto
View attachment 191971
We skied Cornice and the phone line in honor of @Pasha but were having too much fun for a photo op.

Sun came our about a half hour ago but still snowing a bit. Should be amazing tomorrow in case anyone wants to skip class. Just sayin' you'd be welcome.
You guys are really getting the goods this week!

Sponsor