• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

22-23 - New Atomic Bindings for DIN 24/30?

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
They tend to have a most full inventory of Fischer/Head/Tyrolia, but also carry the Atomic Race line second, and others too.

Several of their people actively ski masters speed events (SG & Downhill),
so they have expertise in that regard as well. (Too fast for me now, regrettably.)

And theirs is one of the few places around here that I trust for consistency with race boot fitting, tuning & base flattening, and binding/plate mounts.
They're fun to visit with.

(Note: I have no financial connection with them of any kind.)

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is the Revo Shock 183cm 24m Masters ski available with X-binding plate. All I have seen is Icon plate. I have a bunch X16 & X20 I can pull off of another ski. Calling @Betaracer or @ScotsSkier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Not sure about the Revo 183/24m, however the current 2022 Revo Shock 187/26m and 188/30m both have plates for X-Series bindings, as I had no issues putting X19's on mine...

TS
Snuckerpooks

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
Overall, I would be really interested to do A / B testing between Icon and X-Plate. Really loved the X-Plate position variability for certain types of snow but was always a little hesitant do to movement.

BTWilliams

BTWilliams
Skier
When I was 17 I got my first non-coaching industry job working in the Dynastar/Lange service center, which was in Colchester, VT then. My first day I noticed a pair of Deflex plates with Salomon bindings still attached mounted on the wall over one of the service benches. When I asked about them I learned that they had been attached to Chad Fleischer when he crashed off the finish jump at Kitzbuhel. I say attached to Fleischer because the bindings stayed attached to his boots and the plates - but the Deflex plates peeled off his skis. If you ever removed a pair of properly installed Deflex plates you can imagine what that took to rip out the screws and break the glue loose. Apparently some of the Salomon guys in the finish area ran out on course and removed the screws from the bindings before anyone could really see what was going on.

Wasn't that Deflex plate why Chad was injured in that crash? Landing on his back did not hurt him, it was the fact that he thought his still had skis on, and he tried to put his skid down while sliding and the plate instantly dug in at 60 mph. This shoved his femur up into his hip joint. Chad said that the rules were that you could finish on one ski, and he thought he could get back up and make it across the line.

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Wasn't that Deflex plate why Chad was injured in that crash? Landing on his back did not hurt him, it was the fact that he thought his still had skis on, and he tried to put his skid down while sliding and the plate instantly dug in at 60 mph. This shoved his femur up into his hip joint. Chad said that the rules were that you could finish on one ski, and he thought he could get back up and make it across the line.
Sounds likely. The move to get back on the ski on the snow is automatic; it takes time to process the fact that the ski isn't there.

I seem to recall seeing some DIN 30 bindings around before, but I can't say when. However, being a lightweight, I was never interested in anything over 20, even in you fall you die territory at warp schnell. I bought 490s but with the DIN 10 spring (and set them to 11 for insane skiing).

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier

Comp 30.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Why not just weld them closed? :ogbiggrin:

James

Out There
Instructor
Drill these-
E4571046-6216-4203-96AC-37B6C013C014.jpeg

Pritz plate
Not sure if they still make it.

2D362050-CA06-41E1-9A86-547F3E52D45F.jpeg
Vist

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
and finally....which fits the Atomic X Plate and which fits the marker piston plate....:huh:
actually, regardless of which permutation you guessed , you would be correct.! ` Screw pattern of Icon binding and marker Comp (toe and heel) is the same so you can fit an Icon binding on a marker piston plate and a marker comp on an Atomic X-plate. And, as you can see from the pictures the Icon toe piece is pretty much identical to the Comp toe piece apart from the Atomic outer plastic shell being slightly different (and uglier) profile. So i think it is pretty fair to guess that Marker are making the Icon toe piece (at least) for Atomic. Also explains why the current run of new Marker 20 comps are black and red rather than white/red.

@DocGKR, IIRC you have a set of new Comp 20s and also an Icon binding. Would be interested to see if the new Comp 20 has the same base molding as the Icon.

Sponsor