• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vcize

Getting on the lift
Skier
My wife has a pair of ABOM goggles that she swears by. She has always had issues with fogging (even here in Utah), I don't know why. But with the ABOM heated goggles she has no issues at all.

The only downside is that they have to be charged occasionally, and she sucks at remembering to do that.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I finally ordered the Abom Heet, agonized over lenses, decided on Resolution Red (42% VLT) for now.

Even with the best mask tricks which have cut down on fogging, I still get fogging at inopportune times like when it's snowing so there's moisture around the goggles, as well as my heavy breathing with exertion in chopped up snow, with fog and flat light. Was not a happy camper with visibility yesterday during a clinic.

So, I have a heated boot bag, heated socks, heated gloves and now these. I'm charging up all kinds of things to get ready to ski. I may have to create a charging checklist or spreadsheet.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I have that color. It is fine for here. I found using fog cloths on both sides of the Aboms helped a bit. They don't have coatings. Also, my latest attempt to preserve the battery is to turn on yellow mode as I start to ski, turn off for the chair ride. Turn on as the chair approaches the top. Doing that with the blue was still resulting in the warning light before two hours was up. I have never actually run out of charge. It may be a warning light defect for all I know.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I received a pair of new goggles to test against the ABOM goggles that I have been testing for a few years. My friend works at ABOM and wanted me to compare the 509 Snowmobile goggles against ABOM. I'll provide a review/comparison once I try them on the hill. The goggles I'll be testing are: https://ride509.com/collections/snow-goggles/products/aviator-2-0-ignite-goggle

They have an external strap-mounted battery pack. They include a small fan in the top, as well as the heated lens technology.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I came across those online the other day and was wondering about them. I look forward to your review. Particularly interested in how heavy they are plus how long the battery lasts. Because my Aboms started out with iffy battery life and they've gotten worse yet.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Attached is my review of the 509 Ignite anti-fog snowmobile goggles. I like the ABOM Heet goggles better....

Attachments

• 509-goggle-review.pdf
    884.9 KB · Views: 42

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
That's really surprising that the optical clarity is so bad. Why would snowmobilers put up with that?

The optical quality is not terrible. It's just not as good as other, clearer lenses. I managed to see OK, but with annoying reflections and just not as good as the ABOM Heet lenses.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Hey All Abom is have a clearance sale for their Abom One goggle. $99 for goggles and $45 for lenses. Sounds like they are discontinuing that model. I have it and love it, so if you wanted to try Abom at a fraction of what they normally cost this is your chance.

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier
Hey All Abom is have a clearance sale for their Abom One goggle. $99 for goggles and $45 for lenses. Sounds like they are discontinuing that model. I have it and love it, so if you wanted to try Abom at a fraction of what they normally cost this is your chance.
Thanks, love mine so definitely worth picking up another pair. Does anyone have an directions or video on how to change the lenses?

In case anyone is just getting a spare lense here is their lenses chart.
Screenshot_20210205-134951_Drive.jpg

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks, love mine so definitely worth picking up another pair. Does anyone have an directions or video on how to change the lenses?

The lens changing process is on page 5 of the manual (attached).

Attachments

• ABOM_ONE_Manual_English.pdf
    476.6 KB · Views: 20

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Quick question, looks like Abom is closing out current Abom ONE model, will I be able to get new lens in the future? I don't want to buy obsoleted models.

Kiki

Dreams are the touchstones of our characters
Skier
I started carrying a small portable charger like for cel phones in my pocket so I can recharge my goggles when I break for a bite, it has helped a lot for making sure there is enough battery to last the day.

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier
Quick question, looks like Abom is closing out current Abom ONE model, will I be able to get new lens in the future? I don't want to buy obsoleted models.
I have been emailing with someone from Abom do to the lense color I ordered being sold out. I asked her your question and she said that they are discontinuing the ONE goggles. They are keeping the HEET and coming out with a HEET extreme but they look like they are geared towards snowmobiling.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been emailing with someone from Abom do to the lense color I ordered being sold out. I asked her your question and she said that they are discontinuing the ONE goggles. They are keeping the HEET and coming out with a HEET extreme but they look like they are geared towards snowmobiling.
I'm gonna assume lens are not compatible. My search will continue.

Sponsor

Staff online