• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Still love my oakley windjackets. I just wear a cap over my head which covers the gap between my helmet and the Windjackets on colder days and it's perfect. No more full sized goggles taking up room in my ski bag.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Picked up the new Julbo Skydome goggles during last season with the photocromatic (catagory 1-3) lens. So far I'm really impressed. They could be a little darker for those bright high altitude days though.

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
PSA - Abom is having their winter sale now. If you were on the fence about getting one due to the price point, now would be a good time to jump in.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
PSA - Abom is having their winter sale now. If you were on the fence about getting one due to the price point, now would be a good time to jump in.
How do you pick the color for the strap/frame?
I don’t see any options. I’d like the Sonar lens, but am picky on frame and band colors haha

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
I don't think you get to pick the color of the strap unless you buy it as an accessory. But you can always call them up, and maybe they can swap it out for you.

Seventh

Booting up
Skier
Super! Ordered a pair of the extremes. I've always had fogging issues. Loved my turbofan goggles until they fell apart. Last year I used the amazon fan that mounts inside the goggle. It's a little wonky but does the job. Looking forward to trying these out.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just got ours delivered. I usually don’t have fogging issues with my Spy’s but last years in a fierce snowstorm I did and it sucked. Bad.

so I picked these up, I like the fact that there is LESS airflow and they still remain fog free (at least in tests I’ve read) for years I have had problems with my contacts in goggles that flow a lot. Especially Brikos. i guess when I’m focused i don’t blink as much as I should and this causes issues for me.

can’t wait for a big snow day!

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
As soon as there is snow I'll be testing out my new ABOM Heet model with improved anti-fog coatings and heater. It is supposed to improve the battery life over the older Heet models.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Definitely needed, I'm bringing two pair with me each day so I can swap them out when the battery goes. Both have the same amount of life to the battery. It must be the moister conditions here.

They cost too much to try a third pair.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Definitely needed, I'm bringing two pair with me each day so I can swap them out when the battery goes. Both have the same amount of life to the battery. It must be the moister conditions here.

They cost too much to try a third pair.
Interesting I am still using my Abom One goggles and find that they easily make it through the day, mind you I only turn them on in bursts. Did pick-up a backup pair when they were on clearance and have lots of lenses, so am good for now, but will be interesting to hear about the new Heet model. Shame they no longer make a larger goggle as I do like the size of the Abom One given my huge cranial capacity :roflmao:

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Ok, sorry if someone has said this before but TL;DR - anyone else amused that a thread entitled "Best goggles ever full stop nuff said" is 10 pages long?
The title is actually the TL;DR, and yes these goggles do live up to the hype ... nuff said ;)

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Three here.
I actually had a pair that did that several years ago and they replaced them for me because they felt the battery was faulty. Might be worth checking with Abom if the goggles are still under warranty.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I actually had a pair that did that several years ago and they replaced them for me because they felt the battery was faulty. Might be worth checking with Abom if the goggles are still under warranty.
They aren't. I got a new pair last season. No difference in battery life between and the older pair. I guess the new pair could be under warranty, but I'm sensing it's a climate issue.

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
They aren't. I got a new pair last season. No difference in battery life between and the older pair. I guess the new pair could be under warranty, but I'm sensing it's a climate issue.

Whitefish certainly has those days! A lot of moisture in the air there.

Sponsor

Staff online