• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
PSA - When I called ABOM about the prescription lens insert - they referred me out to Gogglenmore.com. So you go through their website, and you can order the insert & the respective prescription lens. That is the best option having gone through this ordeal.
I just ordered the insert - and figured that I would take it my local optometrist to have it cut. Low & behold - the insert only came with the plastic insert. There were NO lens template attached. So my local optometrist told me they would have to cut a blank lens first to get the fit right, and then cut the prescription lens afterward. Lesson learned.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone by chance have a spare yellow or blue Abom One lens they would be willing to sell? I have the clear and grey lenses, and have been looking for a yellow or blue lens. I know it's a long shot but I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Your helmet should come just above your eyebrows

I wish helmets sat just above my eyebrows!

I have a tall forehead, so helmets (and hats) sit higher on my head. If I size up to a deeper-fitting helmet, I get too much room on the sides.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I
I wish helmets sat just above my eyebrows!

I have a tall forehead, so helmets (and hats) sit higher on my head. If I size up to a deeper-fitting helmet, I get too much room on the sides.
Apparently I have a flat head & no neck so the back of mine hits mt collar or hood even when I take off the ears & the foam piece that goes between them in the back. And every helmet has too much gap on the sides.

How long before someone offers a custom shrink to fit helmet?

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Abom is running a 50% off sale right now for anyone interested
Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up 2 pairs of the photochromatic with extra lenses. Now the whole family will have Aboms. Kills me that I bought a pair for full price last month, if only I had waited a couple weeks lol

@pchewn their site mentioned that due to supply chain issues they will be eliminating certain products once they are sold out ... they will continue to make goggles though correct?

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up 2 pairs of the photochromatic with extra lenses. Now the whole family will have Aboms. Kills me that I bought a pair for full price last month, if only I had waited a couple weeks lol

@pchewn their site mentioned that due to supply chain issues they will be eliminating certain products once they are sold out ... they will continue to make goggles though correct?
The fact that they are saying not just this season but next season as well feels like a going out of business thing to me. Hard to believe.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
The fact that they are saying not just this season but next season as well feels like a going out of business thing to me. Hard to believe.
I cannot tell if they are just referring to specific items i.e. certain lenses or an entire product line. Perhaps they will just license their technology to other Google companies, maybe they are being acquired or maybe they are launching a brand new model and discontinuing the current one. Really hard to tell and very sad if they go out of business as they have the best goggles on the market ... we may need to stock up.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just stocked up. I got a replacement lens and a complete goggle. The replacement lens was $41.25. The goggle was $120. Total charge for both was $173.25 with a $12 shipping charge.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm not at liberty to say what changes ABOM is going through right now. I have not tried the photoactive lenses.

The advice I have is to buy now while the sale is on.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I'm not at liberty to say what changes ABOM is going through right now. I have not tried the photoactive lenses.

The advice I have is to buy now while the sale is on.
I will give everyone a update when my photochromatic lenses arrive

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I called Abom today to change my order and the news isn't good. She told me that they are indeed going out of business. So as @pchewn recommended, buy them now if you want a pair.
On no that is terrible, did they give any context?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I will give everyone a update when my photochromatic lenses arrive
Which photochromatic lens did you order? I'm debating between the Crystal Ice and the Atomic Orange. Maybe I'll get a goggle with one and extra lens with the other.

My other lenses are Resolution Red and Sonar, which are kind of close, though the Sonar has been better for flat light, and I've had a lot of those days this season. I'm wondering if the Atomic Orange may overlap with the lenses I have.

Last edited:

Sponsor