• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blossom fans

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am close to pulling the trigger on my first pair of Blossoms and an on the fence between the AM77 and No. 1 RC

I have the Pure 99, which isn't what you're looking at, but I can report that they do NOT ski short, if that's of any help.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to reach out directly to @Premier Skis (Mike) with questions. IME he's been super-responsive and helpful.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any reports on the on snow performance of the XCs?
Yep, pretty awesome.

TS
mulva28

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
How would you compare the skis in terms of confidence at speed. What about hard snow, ice grip?
No question, RC wins here. I have more confidence with bigger angles and at higher speeds on the RC.
RC is the racier ski but it won't beat you up. Lots of fun on the refreeze days we see too often in VT. If you're looking for a strictly groomer day ski that will handle east coast ice and some low and mid angle bumps. I'd pick the RC. We see too many refreeze days in VT and I'll take my RC over my AM77 whenever I expect icy conditions. Your Enforcer 100 can handle all the other days; so for 2 ski quiver you have ice > powder covered.

Belichick

Booting up
Skier
No question, RC wins here. I have more confidence with bigger angles and at higher speeds on the RC.
RC is the racier ski but it won't beat you up. Lots of fun on the refreeze days we see too often in VT. If you're looking for a strictly groomer day ski that will handle east coast ice and some low and mid angle bumps. I'd pick the RC. We see too many refreeze days in VT and I'll take my RC over my AM77 whenever I expect icy conditions. Your Enforcer 100 can handle all the other days; so for 2 ski quiver you have ice > powder covered.

Thank you. This is exactly my thinking and the feedback I was looking for on the RC. I think I can rule out the AM77. I'm looking for a ski I would have ridden in NVT so far this week.

Of course the longer I ruminate on this, now the Blizzard Thunderbird R15 WB has also popped onto my radar to fill this need. It's looking like I couldn't go wrong with either of them though.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Pure 99, which isn't what you're looking at, but I can report that they do NOT ski short, if that's of any help.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to reach out directly to @Premier Skis (Mike) with questions. IME he's been super-responsive and helpful.

Agree on the Pure 99s, but I will also say that they are very easy to ski and smoooooth.

Also agree Mike at @Premier Skis is super responsive and helpful!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree on the Pure 99s, but I will also say that they are very easy to ski and smoooooth.

The 188s were just too much horse for this aging cowboy's knees.

But certainly as smooth as silk.

You know, what Stockli aspires to be. :geek:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The 188s were just too much horse for this aging cowboy's knees.

But certainly as smooth as silk.

You know, what Stockli aspires to be. :geek:
The 188 is long in that ski. IMHO, they need to abandon the 10cm increments and go to 6cm, 166, 172, 178, 184. Maybe next generation.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The 188 is long in that ski. IMHO, they need to abandon the 10cm increments and go to 6cm, 166, 172, 178, 184. Maybe next generation.

Yup. A 182-ish in this ski would have suited me just right.

The 188 is LONG.

TS
mulva28

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
I would get a 172. This is the Goldilocks size for me in a ski like a Pure99/Namaste/Lightning Bolt Enforcer.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I would get a 172. This is the Goldilocks size for me in a ski like a Pure99/Namaste/Lightning Bolt Enforcer.

I just need to find my 15 year younger equivalent, and get these 188s to him at a freaking unbelievable price.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is there anyway to demo Blossom's yet? I literally cannot afford all the skis I have an appetite for anymore and I'd love to try out the XC's and the AM77's.
As with most Direct to Consumer brands, there are no reps or dealers and those savings in profit margins are passed along to the consumer. The cost is the savings is no ability to demo.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
As with most Direct to Consumer brands, there are no reps or dealers and those savings in profit margins are passed along to the consumer. The cost is the savings is no ability to demo.
I get it, but that's a bummer. I've now bought 2 "premium" skis with MSRP's over $1k that I'd honestly not buy again if I had the chance to try them first.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I get it, but that's a bummer. I've now bought 2 "premium" skis with MSRP's over $1k that I'd honestly not buy again if I had the chance to try them first.
Yes, unfortunately paying more for a ski does not, in itself, IME, significantly increase the likelihood that you will click with it.* So much has to do with personal style and hard-to-articulate preferences. If you are going to the New England gathering in March there is a good chance someone with Blossoms will be there. FWIW.

* Obviously if you already like a ski in a brand's lineup and they come out with a new version or a big/little brother/sister ski, your chances of liking THAT ski are higher than average.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes, unfortunately paying more for a ski does not, in itself, IME, significantly increase the likelihood that you will click with it.* So much has to do with personal style and hard-to-articulate preferences. If you are going to the New England gathering in March there is a good chance someone with Blossoms will be there. FWIW.

* Obviously if you already like a ski in a brand's lineup and they come out with a new version or a big/little brother/sister ski, your chances of liking THAT ski are higher than average.
I may just try to do that. That is, if there's any stinkin snow left by then... *grumbles*

It's really not that big of a deal though if I'm being honest. Textbook 1st world problems situation here. Just really enjoy using products from the little-er guy that deserves some love.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This may just be my biased perception, but is seems harder to mess up with Blossom than other brands. How often do you see a Blossom ski up for sale here? How many times had a Blossom “just not clicked” with a tester? Not too often. You might not get the perfect ski (btw, they don’t exist), but chances are you’ll end up with a ski that is really good.

The AM77 was my first Blossom ski. It’s a little light and soft for my tastes, but I still enjoy skiing it. Then I got on the XCs, which are a near perfect ski for me.

Belichick

Booting up
Skier
Then I got on the XCs, which are a near perfect ski for me.
There is so little information out there on the XC. I appreciated your previous initial impressions of this ski. Any comments on the XC you would be willing to share since your Jan 2 post? I am nearing a decision on a frontside ski and would greatly appreciate any insights.

Sponsor

Staff online