• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think I have only seen one of these in the wild.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
https://forums.quattroworld.com/classifieds-vehicles/msgs/39522.phtml

Here's a great example of a 95.5 S6 that recently sold.

Yes, that's a great one, in pretty much every respect. I remember seeing it occasionally in the Freeport-Portland, Maine area.

My son, who lives in the Eagle Valley, took a look at this one. I'm 99% sure of that. We discussed a few things about it, that may need some care. I think for him, the color just does not work. He hates white cars. And as he put it, if he was going to buy pretty high, and then put time, money and such into it, he wants a color that he can live with, and treasure for a long, long time.

This by all appearances was a VERY nice one. For sure!
Thanks for posting the link.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One of my least favorite wagons was an 01 Audi A4 Avant 2.8 with a manual. It was the worst clutch I have ever driven, the engagement and release was such a disconenct to an actual driving experience. The only positive of the car was the incredible deal we got on it. We got it used, it was a 2 year lease, 15K/yr, full certification $0 out of pocket for $227/mo. It was a rediculous deal. I was working at the Volvo dealer at the time and jsut bought a 03 XC70 and my wife felt it was too big of a car. I told her then to go find what she wanted and she found this 01 used at the Audi dealer with 21K on it. I went in to work the deal with the salesperson and as were putting the deal together he paged past the "Used Car Lease" program in his binder. I stopped him and told him to run a lease on it. He said "The programs never work", I said "humor me." Sure enough, this 01 checked every box to make it work, year, model and specifically miles.

Muleski

Inactive
Channel Ted Knight here:

Well? Well?!?!

Details required. :ogbiggrin:

I have an older friend and neighbor cleaning our his collection if cars. We’re very close. He has one that he really wants my wife and me to end up with. 2002 Audi TT coupe. It’s had some nice work done to it. This guy is late 80’s and has driven at places like LeMans, Sebring. He came across this one, “for kicks.”

He’s in no rush. I’ll help him put it away for the winter. Then we’ll likely do something in the spring. He’s had quite a stable of cars. His late wife thought it was “cute”. She could drive as well.

We absolutely do not need it. We’ll see. It’s a bit unusual and it’s growing on me. If we do this it will not be some garage queen. No way.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I had an 84 Quattro sedan in the late 80s/early 90s, 5-speed manual (which was a bitch to get into reverse). I regret letting that go everyday.... Drove it from PA to CA and back in the summer of 1991.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Two days left. It's not too late to get that second mortgage to own a 1987 Buick.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I mean, I'm not paying $230k for a GNX..but it was quite a car back in the day.
In stock form it was quite good accelerating in a straight line but pretty much sucked at anything else. What made the Grand National/GNX so popular was the gains in performance possible with relatively minor modifications(still in a straight line but a whole lot quicker than anything else available at the time). When the GMC Cyclone/Typhoon was released we really got a glimpse of the future.

scott43

Skier
I remember back in my drag racing days..my buddy and I showed up in a 1970 LT-1 Camaro, 4 speed and another friend of ours was running a Nova with an LS-6 454 with a roller cam. Great big walls of sound. And there were 4 or 5 Regals and GNX's there. And I can remember standing behind them when they were in the bleach box and all I could hear was the tearing sound of the slicks. They made practically no sound. They then promptly started ripping off high 11-low 12 runs. And we were like..they really ARE fast!! :)

Muleski

Inactive
Collector car sales are “crazier than ever.”

ALL it takes is ONE buyer {well on BaT or in a conventional auction it takes multiple bidders} who looks at the car, essentially as new, and is overcome with nostalgia.

“Geez, I wanted one SO BADLY, and had o money for these few dozen reasons.”

Now 4 tech company launches later, he’s worth whatever….let’s say $888 Million. So, he IS BUYING and he does not care about the price at all. Nor about what other values are out there. Money makes no difference. Whatever…….

Takes ONE, and others to play to drive the price.

This older friend of mine has been selling off his collection. He had a Shelby 350, white fastback. Pretty damn cool. Fully restored. He had all sorts of people contacting him, and he did fine.

BUT, one guy contacted him, actually his lawyer did. This guy is worth something like $35Billion. He always wanted one. Could not afford it. So he is looking for the unicorn. Ultra low mile, 100% original. No restoration. Nothing. And he made it clear that he’ll pay almost anything.

I guess he has everything you could ever want, or imagine. Has 20-30 great cars. But he NEEDS this Shelby. My friend said that there are a couple in Museums, and this guy will likely end up with one. For insane money. To most of us.

That kind of dynamic is driving so much of this market. “I’ve lusted after a…..since I was a kid.” There are a number of those people and cars in my town.

Not in our driveway!

Sponsor