• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saw a silver one at Porsche day at Larz Anderson...the red looks 100000x better.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Saw a silver one at Porsche day at Larz Anderson...the red looks 100000x better.

It is not so much seeing one these in person, it is hearing one that is a religious experience.

I like that even with less than 800 miles on it, there has already been $5,600 in service done.

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
It is not so much seeing one these in person, it is hearing one that is a religious experience.

I like that even with less than 800 miles on it, there has already been $5,600 in service done.
Alas, it was parked. A memorable car sound for me was hearing this beast at Lime Rock:

You could hear the engine no matter where he was on track if he was on the throttle. :eek:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've seen & heard the carrera GT on the nurburgring when they were new, even got a lap in one, friend used to own one, turned out to make some $$ on that deal when he sold it not to long ago.

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like that it already has a water pump replacement at 250 miles.. :ogbiggrin:
A weird collection of things done in that $18k service. Tires and battery make sense as with age they both can go bad, regardless of use, but the water pump (as you called out), spark plugs, and even the engine belts with essentially no use are curious.

IDK, outside of my price range, so it doesn't matter. :D

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've seen & heard the carrera GT on the nurburgring when they were new,
One of the commenters (Porschelicious) on the BaT thread posted an Instagram video of his yellow Carrera GT; worth clicking on for the sound.

I took a ride on the Nurburgring course in a GT3; bucket list experience!

James

Out There
Instructor
F1 driver Robert Kubica went to the Nurburgring to rent a car for some laps. He was told he needed to go with an instructor. He says, “Even if I can drive pretty well?” - Yes is the reply.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The difficulty with the Nurburgring is that there are many blind corners and the results of an accident can be severe. I suspect he would not do anything stupid, he's a pro. However, the average Joe could easily get in trouble there and bend up the car. It's not flat and obvious..

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've passed the 20 year mark of yearly driving sevral times on the nurburgring, its a fun track

Muleski

Inactive
Oh my, I think I'm in love.

I’d think the SkiTalk love would be less since this one’s a RWD.

These are not all that hard to find. I’ll be interested to watch BaT deliver on this. My impression is that generally speaking people get caught up in the moment and overbid.

Curious about the “Oh, no big deal” CarFax.

Should be fun to watch.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I've passed the 20 year mark of yearly driving sevral times on the nurburgring, its a fun track
I watched the video on my phone so couldn't make out if there was signaling or what-not going on when passing. It seemed like everyone got out of Kubica's way. Granted he was the fastest, but what are the rules for yielding?

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I watched the video on my phone so couldn't make out if there was signaling or what-not going on when passing. It seemed like everyone got out of Kubica's way. Granted he was the fastest, but what are the rules for yielding?
When he was driving it was TF aka Turist Fahren aka PUBLIC ROAD RULES, same as autobahn.

Only passing on left, and no racing, no cutting people off etc. You dont have to signal for people to pass you, but I prefer when they do, because then I know they have seen you. Ironicly I prefer slightly motorweak veichles on the nurburgring 200-400hp range is the most fun, my regular track car is just to much power and its very hard to get good flow. especially on TF with say a 250HP hatchbank FWD, an experiencet driver will still be fater than 99% of the people out there. Onyl roadlegal cars, only road legal tires etc

There are private trackdays as well where there is pasing on inside and bsicly racecar rules... say you are doing what you think is superfast, but when GT1/GT2/GT3 class actual racecars comes hauling fast on big aero + slicks... your not fast.

Hes driving with misha, so they both "knew" each other, or at least of each other ;)

For kubica to drive the nurburgring its like a worldcup ski athlete on a new hill, they will be crushing everyone else, eventhough they have never seen it, and for them are just having some freeskiiing fun. He has also sim raced it, so only thing he was missing is the on/offcamber and heigh/steepness of sections, and how the surface feels.

James

Out There
Instructor
How about passing people, bikes!, in a diesel van?

Starts about 2:50-

scott43

Skier
Yeah, typically on bike track days, you always start in a lower group if you haven't been to the track before. And you can get a guide for a few laps to help you get ballpark braking points. Normally I'm in the fast group (slow, medium, fast typically are the groups) but first time at Mosport I started in medium and took a few laps behind a pro to get sorted. Missing a brake marker at 250kmh with 20m of run-off on a bike is..unfortunate. So rather than trying to keep up and do something stupid, you get a ballpark and then a few sessions at pace and then move up to your normal group. At Mosport, a lot like Nurburgring, you can't see the apex (or double apexes in this case) of Turn 2 until you're in the corner..and by then it can be too late. So it's nothing to pass people who are unfamiliar with the track (Nurburgring is 14 miles around or something..with very few trivial corners..try figuring that track out quickly..) if you know the line and braking points already.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
My impression is that generally speaking people get caught up in the moment and overbid.
^ that’s BaT model. Have a friend who sourced my 911 for me, managed a very well known collection that was sold (some went to Seinfeld), now does work for them. Sadly time is right to let it go - instead of having him private sell it through his network of people told me to just put it on BaT - “people pay stupid money for things in the moment” - esp Air-cooled g-body w/ G50.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’d think the SkiTalk love would be less since this one’s a RWD.

These are not all that hard to find. I’ll be interested to watch BaT deliver on this. My impression is that generally speaking people get caught up in the moment and overbid.

Curious about the “Oh, no big deal” CarFax.

Should be fun to watch.
I live in Ohio, RWD is more than adequate 360 days a year.

Sponsor

Staff online