• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Concerts you’ve attended list...

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
-In 1969 I was a student at Akron University and a frat brother offered me a ride in his VW van to a concert in some rural town in New York at some place called Woodstock. I turned him down.:doh:
-A year later I visited my vacationing parents in Florida and went to the Miami Pop Festival: Canned Heat, The Turtles, Sweetwater and others.
-The Concert at Watkins Glen (race track) with Allman Brothers, The Band, Greatful Dead. It was a one day concert but we got there a day early and the Allman Brothers did an equipment check...and played for 2 hours to the early bird crowd.
-Elton John at Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto.
-Osibisa (African Roots Band) at Toronto's Colonial Tavern and many other blues bands that played there in the 70s that I can't remember---hey it was the 70s.
-Mariposa Folk Festival on the Toronto Islands numerous times. Taj Mahal, John Hammond, Roosevelt Sikes and others including Bob Dylan who showed up one year as a spectator. I didn't actually see him, just the crowd of 50 or so that followed him around wherever he went.
-Santana and his band on stage at the same time with John McLaughlin and his Mahavishnu Orchestra. Sanatana and McLaughlin, both dressed in white, both with double neck 12 string guitars, trading leads back and forth. Jan Hammer was on keyboard and a decade later (1980s) he went on to be the musical director for Miami Vice before there was stereo TV and they did a musical simulcast with local FM stereo radio stations.
-BB King x2
-Leo Sayer
-Frank Zappa
-Jethro Tull
-Little Feat at Toronto's Massey Hall (known as one of the top 3 acoustically correct venues in North America). the band was electrified and loud and my ears rang for several days after.
-Long John Baldry x2
-Colin James
-Maria Muldar
-Tina Turner
-Smokey Robinson
-The 5th Dimension
-Grand Funk Railway
-Burton Cummings, former lead singer with The Guess Who.
-John Prine
-Elvin Bishop
-Charlie Musselwhite
-Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Bob Dylan
-Blue Man Group, a gf at the time wanted to go.:huh:
I am a long time attendee at the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival, Naniamo Summertime Blues, and Vancouver Island Blues Bash featuring many bands most may not have heard of such as Rick Estrin and the Nightcats, Sue Foley, April Forrest, Samantha Fish, Cal Batchelor, Duke Robillard, Mitch Woods and his Rocket 88s, Mr. Sipp, Powder Blues, Bill Kirchen (co founder of Commander Cody and His Lost Airmen). Rick Vito (former member of Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited:

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-In 1969 I was a student at Akron University and a frat brother offered me a ride in his VW van to a concert in some rural town in New York at some place called Woodstock. I turned him down.:doh:
-A year later I visited my vacationing parents in Florida and went to the Miami Pop Festival: Canned Heat, The Turtles, Sweetwater and others.
-The Concert at Watkins Glen (race track) with Allman Brothers, The Band, Greatful Dead. It was a one day concert but we got there a day early and the Allman Brothers did an equipment check...and played for 2 hours to the early bird crowd.
-Elton John at Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto.
-Osibisa (African Roots Band) at Toronto's Colonial Tavern and many other blues bands that played there in the 70s that I can't remember---hey it was the 70s.
-Mariposa Folk Festival on the Toronto Islands numerous times. Taj Mahal, John Hammond, Roosevelt Sikes and others including Bob Dylan who showed up one year as a spectator. I didn't actually see him, just the crowd of 50 or so that followed him around wherever he went.
-Santana and his band on stage at the same time with John McLaughlin and his Mahavishnu Orchestra. Sanatana and McLaughlin, both dressed in white, both with double neck 12 string guitars, trading leads back and forth.
-BB King x2
-Leo Sayer
-Frank Zappa
-Jethro Tull
-Long John Baldry x2
-Colin James
-Maria Muldar
-Tina Turner
-Smokey Robinson
-The 5th Dimension
-Grand Funk Railway
-Burton Cummings, former lead singer with The Guess Who.
-John Prine
-Elvin Bishop
-Charlie Musselwhite
-Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Bob Dylan
-Blue Man Group, a gf at the time wanted to go.:huh:
I am a long time attendee at the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival, Naniamo Summertime Blues, and Vancouver Island Blues Bash featuring many bands most may not have heard of such as Rick Estrin and the Nightcats, Sue Foley, April Forrest, Samantha Fish, Cal Batchelor, Duke Robillard, Mitch Woods and his Rocket 88s, Mr. Sipp, Powder Blues, Bill Kirchen (co founder of Commander Cody and His Lost Airmen). Rick Vito (former member of Fleetwood Mac.
Carlos and McGlaughlin were magic together-That’s Love,Devotion and Surrender era..?

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Carlos and McGlaughlin were magic together-That’s Love,Devotion and Surrender era..?
I saw that lineup at the Berkeley community theater in California. A lot of jamming, Santana’s percussion/rhythm section & Billy Cobham on drums. Wonderful!
Years later I got to see them again on the same stage Along with Al DiMeola at the Berkeley jazz festival, The three exchanged guitars and imitated one another in a long jam, it was beautiful and hilarious all at the same time.

Last edited:

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can’t believe I neglected this one but it was special.
A dear friend of mine who was friends with Levon Helm of The Band hooked me up to get me into a “ Midnight Ramble”
at Levons barn in Woodstock. It was a quasi religious experience in that the pure soul of the music was undeniable.
It was basically American folk music, some very old , mixed in with in with new music with the same feel. Garth Hudson played accordion but I can’t remember the other musicians but they were all top rate. The vibe in this barn was amazing, little kids to the very old and everything in between. I can’t say this was my favorite genre of music but my appreciation of it grew tremendously after this experience . I don’t think of it as a concert, it was more like a revival meeting. I walked out of that place feeling like I had traveled in time and I was better for it.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw them (Santana and McGlauglin) together in the early 70s at U of T in Toronto. They were amazing.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-In 1969 I
-The Concert at Watkins Glen (race track) with Allman Brothers, The Band, Greatful Dead. It was a one day concert but we got there a day early and the Allman Brothers did an equipment check...and played for 2 hours to the early
That was a legendary show- I wanted to go but I was too young /pre drivers license but I know people who went. Apparently there are still abandoned cars in the woods surrounding the track left by people who went ... it was a dead show after all

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Off the top of my head and likely incomplete:

Chicago. Chardon, OH
Jethro Tull x 2. Cleveland, OH
Aerosmith/Blue Oyster Cult. Cleveland, OH
Neil Young/Linda Ronstadt. Cleveland, OH
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. Wooster, OH
Rolling Stones/Stevie Wonder. Akron, OH. Still have the ticket, as a stampede/riot forced many into the venue without being able to present one's ticket.
David Bowie x 2 (Ziggy Stardust Tour). Cleveland, OH The first of the two was DB's first ever North American concert.
Yes. Mentor, OH
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon Tour). Cuyahoga Falls, OH
ZZ Top/Earth, Wind, and Fire/Uriah Heep. Cleveland, OH
Joe Cocker. Boston, MA
Led Zeppelin. Tampa, FL. Still have the ticket, as a stampede/riot forced many into the venue without being able to present one's ticket. The crowd present for this concert broke the Beatle's 1965 Shea Stadium attendance record for a single act performance in the United States.
Aerosmith/Ted Nugent/Journey/Thin Lizzy/ACDC/Scorpions. Cleveland, OH
The Police/The Romantics. Painesville, OH
Moody Blues. Salt Lake City, UT
Crowded House. Christchurch, New Zealand
UB40/Natalie Imbruglia. Gampel, Switzerland
Coldplay. Montpelier, France

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Sticking to this century.
Heavy MTL a few years.
Montebello Rock (Rockfest)
Blue Oyster Cult
Black Sabbath
Another 80s band whose name shall come to me eventually. The opening band was one that had won the battle of the bands the previous year locally with the help of my vote- Crone of War.

Last edited:

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
In college I went to see Laurie Anderson with a girl on our ski team. The music was good but we were training and studying a lot and it was late, so I nodded off for a few minutes. When I woke up my date was sleeping too - so I nudged her awake and we left.

Ahhh to be young and athletic and studious.

A few years earlier I passed up a chance to see the Police in a club - I'd never heard of them and didn't like going out much. Ugggh.

I saw Jefferson Starship in Central Park but don't remember it- I was four years old.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That was a legendary show- I wanted to go but I was too young /pre drivers license but I know people who went. Apparently there are still abandoned cars in the woods surrounding the track left by people who went ... it was a dead show after all
The Concert at Watkins Glen started at around 11am with the Greatful Dead playing one of there usual 5 hour concerts, followed by the band who had to get off the stage part way thru for a rain storm, then the Allman Brothers played, then all 3 groups on stage together for a jam. They were still jammin' at 2 am when I went to bed in my van. There were a lot of veteran concert goers/party-ers so there was no shortage of food or drugs.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
likely more than i remember but a few
------------
little richard
jerry lee lewis
jefferson airplane
chillwack
down child blues band
powder Blues band
doug and the slugs
trooper
leanard cohen
the band
jimi hendrix
janis joplin
who
guess who
doors
beach boys
yes
chicago
moody blues
pink floyd
emerson lake and palmer
ten years after
canned heat
edgar winter
america
the eagles
blood sweat and tears
david bowie
kinks
lou reed
al stewart
taj mahal
buddy guy
bb king
chuck berry
long john baldrey
john lee hooker
dick dale
the surfaris
dion
abba
cat empire
neil young
butterfield blues band
alice cooper
a few others
nana mouskari
cleo laine
k.d.lang
michel buble
paul anka
the benny goodman sextet at Tivoli
oscar peterson
yo yo mah

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lots of 'em. Probably forgot a bunch, This goes back at least 50 years.

Grateful dead 1970 and '71 at Capitol in Port Chester, NY. I now live about a mile from there and still attend shows. Have seen GD about 10 times since then from mid '70's - '89 was last show I saw which was at Madison Square Garden. Have seen all the various Dead spin off bands in recent decades and years as well.

Allman Brothers, A couple times in the '70's and around 4 or 5 times during their last years with Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes in the lineup.

Rolling Stones - 3 times

Tom Petty a few times

Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna

Clapton
Dire straits
Elton John
Chicago
Stevie Wonder

Nola bands:
Neville Brothers
Funky Meters
Dumpstaphunk
Anders Osborne
Dixie Cups
Kermit Ruffans
Long Tall Sara Ball
John Cleary
Dr. John
tab Benoit
Samantha Fish
Preservation Hall Brass band
Galactic

Marcus King
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats
String Cheese Incident
Del Mcoury
Doc Watson
Peter Rowan
David Grisman
New Riders of the Purple Save
Umphrees McGee
Moe
Widespread Panic

Elvis Costello
Joe Jackson
The Cars
Deathcab for Cutie

Santana
Fleetwood Mac
Ted Nugent
Aerosmith
Keb Mo
Taj Mahal
Stephan Grapelli
George Winston
Dave Brubeck

Lee Ritenour
Grace Potter
The Band
Ben Harper
Jason Mraz
Tanya Tucker
Reba Mcentire
Willie Nelson
Waylon Jennings
Roy Buchanan
Brooks and Dunn

The Who
Tedeschi Trucks Band
Matchbox 20
Cracker
Clarence Gatemouth Brown
Robert Plant and the Sensational Shape Shifters
Sonic Youth

Lyle Lovett
BB King
Allison Krauss
Lucas Nelson and the Promise of the Real
Lucinda Williams
The Mavericks
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Grace Potter
Government Mule
Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives
Dwight Yoakum
Bozz Skaggs
Sha Na Na
Black Crows
Lucinda Williams
Bruce Springsteen
Jeff Beck
Steely Dan
Delbert McLinton

More I can;t remember or can remember but their names are escaping me at the moment.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fromw what I remember.

Rossington Collins Band
Yes-Drama
Yes-90125
Stones/Journey/George Thorogood
Queen/Billy Squire (best show I have seen)
Elton John
Elton John
David Bowie-Phila
David Bowie-Hershey
Asia/Chris DeBerg
Billy Rankin
Elvis Costello
U2-Joshua Tree
Squeeze/B52's
Man at Work/INXS
Huey Lewis (worst show, only show I walked out of)
Steely Dan-Two Against Nature
Donald Fagen
Genesis-Mama
Genesis-The Way We Walk
Robert Plant-Principles of Moment
Plant & Page
Pretenders-Middle of the Road
Lyle Lovitt
Greg Allman
Doobies/Greg Allman/Gordon Lightfoot

Comedians-
Rodney Dangerfield-AC
Robin Williams-86
George Carlin-very angry
Eddie Izzard-Giraffes

Tom Inca

Booting up
Skier
By posting I'm revealing my age :). These are some of the more memorable shows I've attended:

80’s

Pretenders (in front, small venue, leaning against the stage)
Van Halen
Tom Petty
Springsteen (x5)
ZZ Top
REM
Pogues
U2
Grandmaster Flash (at a Holiday Inn)
Camper Van Beethoven
Los Lobos (in a parking lot, small crowd)
BB King (I walked into a bar in NYC and he was playing)

90’s

Tom Tom Club w/ Debbie Harry
Ray Charles
Grateful Dead
Rush

00’s

Pearl Jam
Bob Dylan
Ringo Starr
Paul McCartney

10’s

The Who
Rolling Stones
Steely Dan
Robert Plant
Neil Young
Foo Fighters w/ Cage the Elephant
Gary Clark Jr.
Cake
Beck
Tedeschi Trucks (current fave)
moe. (another current fave; last show I saw before CV19)
Dead and Co.

Regret not going when I had the chance

Nirvana
XTC
Prince

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Adding to my list

Tom Petty
Joe Walsh
Starship (Go Mickey Thomas)
Sarah McLachlan
Sara Bareilles
Indigo Girls (2x)
Reverend Horton Heat
Warrant (post Jani Lane's passing)

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Continued from earlier post.

U2
Billy Joel
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
Tommy Emanual
Dickey Betts and Great Southern
America
Psychedelic Furs
Greg Allman Band
The Lone Bellow
Richie Havens
Tom Paxton
Tom Chapin
Steve Forbert
James Mcmurtry
Roger Waters (The Wall)
Mavis Staples
Goo Goo Dolls
Peter Tosh
The Outlaws
ZZ Top
Deep Purple
The Revivalists

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
A few that have been mentioned that I am envious of ...

Jimi Hendrix. Begged to go but Mom said I was too young.
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon tour) coulda, shoulda, woulda :doh:
Allman Brothers. Not sure why I never saw them, I am sure there were opportunities but I think I thought they weren’t really the Allman Brothers without Duane & l missed that one when a lot of my friends went.
Bowie as Ziggy Stardust
U2
Queen
The Police
& one that hasn’t been mentioned that I would have loved to see would be Cream!

A few I had tickets for but couldn’t go because of work or other commitments...

Led Zeppelin in Oakland 1977, probably their last show ever in North America & my ATF’s!!!
The Rolling Stones at Winterland, I think late 70’s or early 80’s. Ended up giving the ticket to my brother so at least it got used.
Stevie Ray Vaughn & Jeff Beck at the Concord Pavilion. I’ve seen Jeff a bunch but SRV! He died soon after :( .
Muse a few years ago, I had scored Orchestra Pit seats & travelled from Tahoe to Utah the day before to see them in SLC but got food poisoning & couldn’t go.

Sponsor

Staff online