• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cowboys!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, as an Eagles fan, that was ugly. So many dropped balls.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, as an Eagles fan, that was ugly. So many dropped balls.
Although a capable back-up, I don't think Gardner is the answer. You got to hope Jalen Hurts follows the Dak Prescott playbook and evolves as a passer and leaves the running behind. Unless you want him to get broken down like every other running QB.:crutches:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What's wrong with Cee Dee? Also Dak's passes are pretty horrible.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What's wrong with Cee Dee? Also Dak's passes are pretty horrible.
Are the Cowboys playing today? Obviously not. LOL

FWIW, the Eagles weren't even supposed to make the playoffs this year and did, I am happy about that.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Cowboys are killing themselves with penalties..and they've turned the ball over..and they doing some weird plays..what was with that lateral pass???? Man... Making the Niners look good....

Reactions: Tex

scott43

Skier
They aren't use to the refs throwing flags at home
I mean..fake punt..then delay of game? Like, yeah, the official needs to get the lead out of his ass..but..why so close!? Just stupid.. Lamb not hustling to his position, in motion when ball is snapped? Just stupid...

Reactions: Tex

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
1642383860411.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Better to lose now than deeper... Amirite @Philpug ? The better team definitely won.

Last edited:

scott43

Skier
No, I think the Cowboys are a better team, but they are undisciplined which I will lay at the feet of Jerrah.
Yeah but that's part of team right? I think the Niners are very balanced. Not spectacular. Dallas has big play potential but yeah..just couldn't get it done and penalties were just..sloppy.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
At least Dallas made a game of things, too late but better effort than Iggles and Stillirs combined. We're the best losers of all three yesterday..

No, I think the Cowboys are a better team, but they are undisciplined which I will lay at the feet of Jerrah.

Penalties were definitely the main problem. I've never been convinced that Prescott or Romo were the level needed to win championships. Pretty good, but not Hall of Fame good.. There were at least three big potential plays where Dak just didn't get the ball where it needed to be (or the receiver didn't run the right route?). Not handing the ball to the umpire was also on Prescott.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought a couple of those first penalties were pretty poorly officiated, but Dallas definitely earned a bunch of them. I never felt Dak was an elite QB. He's pretty good, which is good enough in this league and the rest of their team is pretty talented. I hate Dallas, especially for bouncing my Packers every damn year in the playoffs early in my college days. Remember stepping off the bus in Steamboat Springs waiting at a bar until our check in time and watching Dallas beat us again. So when they lose, it never hurts my feelings :)

But you can't play that sloppily at this stage of the game. They have a good enough roster to push for a championship, but every team has it's blue print to follow and Dallas' doesn't include that many mistakes. Their QB isn't good enough to overcome those regularly.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Interesting first column by one of our local sportswriters at https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01...an-be-great-if-they-get-out-of-their-own-way/ that includes "San Francisco was simply the second-worst team on the field at AT&T Stadium Sunday. Dallas was undisciplined, uninspiring, and altogether unworthy of being in a playoff game, much less winning it. The Cowboys’ performance was comically inept; a testament to how bad the NFC East was this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if their head coach, Mike McCarthy, is fired on Monday."

He's wrong so far on McCarthy and his second column at https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01...t-must-improve-for-the-49ers-to-keep-winning/ questions 49ers coach. Both columns say 49ers have to do much better to beat Green Bay. Full disclosure: I worked at Levi's this season and during last Super Bowl season, but probably will stop after a couple of concerts in 2022, before football season.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was hunting and camping, was able to watch some on my iphone. Pretty disappointed, I want to watch the recording but I think it would be torture.

Sponsor

Staff online