• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cowboys!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pardon the interruption in this Cowboys thread...:duck:

Washington (6-6) hosts the Dallas Cowboys (8-4) next week at FedEx Field on 12/12/21. The WFT has risen from the ashes this year on the shoulders of our scrappy little QB Taylor Heinicke. The rest of the season could be pretty interesting for a change in the NFC East?
View attachment 150379
Classic Washington team. One almost expects to see Joe Gibbs on the sidelines.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Plus you are in a very weak division ... and this is coming from an Eagles fan.
Not the weakest. Just looking at losses:
NFC East - 25 losses
NFC West - 20 losses
NFC North - 28 losses
NFC South - 24 losses
AFC East - 25 losses
AFC West - 21 losses
AFC North - 20 losses
AFC South - 30 losses

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Not the weakest. Just looking at losses:
NFC East - 25 losses
NFC West - 20 losses
NFC North - 28 losses
NFC South - 24 losses
AFC East - 25 losses
AFC West - 21 losses
AFC North - 20 losses
AFC South - 30 losses
I think a division with two or three strong teams is a stronger division than a division with all mediocre teams. If everyone's got 6 losses, that's a weak division. If two teams have 10 losses but two have only 1-2 losses, that's a stronger division. A division is only as strong or weak as their best teams are.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think a division with two or three strong teams is a stronger division than a division with all mediocre teams. If everyone's got 6 losses, that's a weak division. If two teams have 10 losses but two have only 1-2 losses, that's a stronger division. A division is only as strong or weak as their best teams are.
If you want to over think it, the NFL/ESPN Power rankings do a good job of that.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pardon the interruption in this Cowboys thread...:duck:

Washington (6-6) hosts the Dallas Cowboys (8-4) next week at FedEx Field on 12/12/21. The WFT has risen from the ashes this year on the shoulders of our scrappy little QB Taylor Heinicke. The rest of the season could be pretty interesting for a change in the NFC East?
View attachment 150379
Washington’s last 5 games are all in the NFC East. ‘Boys & Eagles twice and close with the Giants.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Washington’s last 5 games are all in the NFC East. ‘Boys & Eagles twice and close with the Giants.
I know the NFL likes to close the season with division games, but I wish they would spread the first three out more and then close with one each. A lot can change for division teams relative to each other over the course of a season.

Any idea what the leading future name is for the WFT? Cowboys-Redskins (Cowboys and Indians) was classic until we grew up and understood the cringe factor.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any idea what the leading future name is for the WFT? Cowboys-Redskins (Cowboys and Indians) was classic until we grew up and understood the cringe factor.
I’m hearing Defenders, Commanders or Brigade, but who knows with Danny Boy. I’m friends with several ex-Skins and they all prefer they keep the WFT moniker, as an FU to the NFL brass.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Cowboys 27, WFT 20.
I guess a bit of a 4th quarter comeback prevented the game from being a complete blowout, but WFT made far too many mistakes to expect to beat a good team. Some old fashioned cowboys and indians feistiness in that game!

ps: Nothing new, but very troubling to hear just as much noise for Cowboys scores as WFT scores even though it's supposed to be a home game for WFT!

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I’m hearing Defenders, Commanders or Brigade, but who knows with Danny Boy. I’m friends with several ex-Skins and they all prefer they keep the WFT moniker, as an FU to the NFL brass.
I like the idea of them sticking with WFT... Because it's close to WTF! The WFT WTF's!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If you want to over think it, the NFL/ESPN Power rankings do a good job of that.
Looking at the past 20 years of NFC championships and how often it's someone other than NFC East playing in the Superbowl says it all..

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You guys will live longer if you are not so negative all the time. :roflmao:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Don't look now but 10 wins! Tied with 4 other teams for best in the league. Didn't see that coming after the first 5 games..

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yup, the defense has really started to step up at the right time. Dak still looks tentative at times, which is bizarre because he started the season well. The running game is slowly recovering as the backs get healthier.

I missed the first half skiing the pow at Killington. Well, okay, at least it was real fresh snow even if not true pow.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Cowboys are in 2nd place for the NFC and got their playoff berth after last night's 49er loss. I don't know the exact scenarios, but for certain they need to win out and hope the Packers stumble to get the 1st round bye. As usual, I see a Cowboys-Packers playoff game likely in my future and expect to start hearing about the "Cowgirls" from my Wisconsin wife. She at least avoids that derogative during the regular season and saves it for these "special" games...

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Quite a night for the Boys! Celebrating with a little Ezra Brooks. That's been my house bourbon since my Texas days even if I have something pricier in the house.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Quite a night for the Boys! Celebrating with a little Ezra Brooks. That's been my house bourbon since my Texas days even if I have something pricier in the house.
My wife HATES the Cowboys too and pretty much everything about Texas except the fact I was living there when we met.

Sponsor

Staff online