• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fishing

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Wife won the fishing tournament adult division landing a nice rainbow just a few minutes before the 6pm deadline. Missing the pond skimming contest at Killington made me sad but fishing does put smile on her face.

Eastford,Ct
IMG_2922.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Why do you think it was for moonshine?
Well that would be cool but I don’t know about that. I had to look up the name otherwise I would have called it a dugout canoe. Presumably it was made my members of the Mashpee Wampanoag who live around there on Cape Cod.

Ice out on Mane this morning. Nothing biting but I only cast for about an hour before skiing.
647B26DD-DB7A-40F0-9E24-4A38B8FE5052.jpeg

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fresh line at the beginning of the season broke?
Really good point. I have not put fresh line on, the reason the line broke, and why I did not catch the biggest crappie ever!!!

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well that would be cool but I don’t know about that. I had to look up the name otherwise I would have called it a dugout canoe.
I would have preferred that. :roflmao:

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
15 keepers today, bite is getting better each week as expected. Now thru May just gets better and better. A bunch of small ones, for every keeper threw back 5 small ones less than 10 inches.

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1059.jpeg

Last edited:

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Boy or girl?
Oh the big one… You know I’m never mess with ID’n them if male or female, so I’m not good at that. I’m gonna guess female, males are darker I think, I would have to look it up.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wife won the fishing tournament adult division landing a nice rainbow just a few minutes before the 6pm deadline. Missing the pond skimming contest at Killington made me sad but fishing does put smile on her face.

Eastford,Ct
View attachment 200662
That water is looking very clear for April.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Boy or girl?
Oh ok, it’s a joke, you guys always talking over my head. The technology is so great now you can see if it is a boy or girl fish? And so the dig is that it is easy now? Am I following or off track again? Well you should see what the pro tournament crappie fishermen use, they $150k ahead of me on crappie rig. My crappie rig is low budget.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh ok, it’s a joke, you guys always talking over my head. The technology is so great now you can see if it is a boy or girl fish? And so the dig is that it is easy now? Am I following or off track again? Well you should see what the pro tournament crappie fishermen use, they $150k ahead of me on crappie rig. My crappie rig is low budget.
The joke was simply that for a very low tech angler like me, all I could think of was an ultrasound.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
9 keepers today. I know I look fat here, I need to looses 15 lbs, its fishing season..

IMG_1422.jpeg

Fished a lot of spots, at least 30 or so…

IMG_1429.jpeg

This is how I like to find them when I get on a spot…(@Tony S, not an ultrasound, but crappie).

IMG_1424.jpeg

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is your transducer mounted stationary or movable? I have seen the transducer mounted on the trolling motor so it can be pointed in several directions.
Absolutely moveable. The problem with mounting to trolling motor is you move the transducer (camera) you also move the trolling motor. So I mount them separate, see pics below. Both mounted on front of boat, trolling motor on left, transducer/camera on right. I can set my trolling motor on “spot lock”, let it keep me on a spot, and transducer on the right I can turn independently, I can spin it (look) 360 degrees, I got pvc (painted brown) so I can operate it from my chair.

IMG_1460.jpeg
IMG_1461.jpeg

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Absolutely moveable. The problem with mounting to trolling motor is you move the transducer (camera) you also move the trolling motor. So I mount them separate, see pics below. Both mounted on front of boat, trolling motor on left, transducer/camera on right. I can set my trolling motor on “spot lock”, let it keep me on a spot, and transducer on the right I can turn independently, I can spin it (look) 360 degrees, I got pvc (painted brown) so I can operate it from my chair.

View attachment 202923 View attachment 202924
Nice setup.:)

Reactions: Tex

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My buddy's son has been catching the big ones at Pyramid Lake. Biggest so far was 17#. 35 in one day! He fly fishes off a ladder. Cutthroat and Bowcuts.
90371.jpeg

17#

738.jpeg

12#

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My buddy's son has been the big ones at Pyramid Lake. Biggest so far was 17#. 35 in one day! He fly fishes off a ladder. Cutthroat and Bowcuts.
View attachment 202943
17#

View attachment 202944
12#
:geek: what are you doing on the water fishing with your buddy and his son, you're supposed to be on the snow testing the Lange Shadow 130's, where are your priorities :nono: :roflmao:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
:geek: what are you doing on the water fishing with your buddy and his son, you're supposed to be on the snow testing the Lange Shadow 130's, where are your priorities :nono: :roflmao:
I'm not fishing. I've been cleaning the garage. And the yard. And the trailer. And...

So that I can ski this week once or twice.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This just came up in the local news station's twitter feed.

Reactions: Tex

Sponsor

Staff online