• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
That (meaning Russel's) was one of the best drives of the season - by anyone.

Absolutely, and consider the fact that he doesn't even fit in the car. He had bruising all over his body after FP2 from the poor fit of the car. He must have been brutalized today. I really hope he gets to run in Abu Dhabi.

scott43

Skier
And I mean, that's one of the things about F1. Deserving drivers don't necessarily get the ride they deserve. Haas signed Nikita Mazepin..his father is a billionaire. I mean..coincidence? I get that drivers need to bring money..but man. I'm sure Russell will get his day, but how many others who are just as good never get a sniff..

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
And I mean, that's one of the things about F1. Deserving drivers don't necessarily get the ride they deserve. Haas signed Nikita Mazepin..his father is a billionaire. I mean..coincidence? I get that drivers need to bring money..but man. I'm sure Russell will get his day, but how many others who are just as good never get a sniff..

Force India/Racing Point for instance - Ocon gone for little Lance when his daddy poured all of that money into Force India and now that daddy owns the team, Perez (a much better driver than Lance) booted instead of Lance so they could bring on Vetel.

Wondering if they are regretting that move now.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Did anyone find it weirdly disconcerting that all those barrier deformations were modeled with zero spring back? Totally not how we intuitively think steel behaves, and at normal energies even plastic doesn't really act THAT plastic.

Sure, I get it, hysteresis and the response rate of the system changes with the overall energy put into but man, the steel in the model behaved almost like cloth (excepting the pillars).

Last edited:

scott43

Skier
I can't believe Seb has been at Ferrari for 6 years...where does the time go? Oh right, 2 kids.. :roflmao:

1607868736518.png

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm still freaked out by that nutso gap to Norris. I mean sure they didn't need to go any faster for the constructors points, but it feels like after Ricciardo pitted everyone just sat in place.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Perez to Red Bull, Albon out.

Who do you like better as a driver, Checo or Danny Ric? As a McLaren fan, I was hoping for a return for Checo (before the RIC signing). I wonder who is a more complete driver. It seems like Checo's main skill is "tire whisperer" where RIC is an over-taking beast. In 2020, I think the former is more important, in the future, who knows. Of course, the Pink Mercedes pace and strategy has kind of demanded that to be successful, that is what he had to do. Maybe there is more to him than that. We shall see.

scott43

Skier
I think...based on what I saw...Danny R got bullied by Max V at Red Bull. I think maybe Danny is a bit fragile and needs a bit of coddling. Kinda like Vettel..needs to know he's good and supported. I think Sergio is not that. I'm not sure it'll be good for Red Bull to have him and Max together..could lead to some distractions. In terms of pace, I think Danny is faster. Just...other parts are a bit soft on him I think. I could be totally wrong but that's the impression I get. Lando is the future at McLaren, Danny is there for feedback and hopefully to get some points while Lando matures.

I'm always wary of judging drivers from different cars..they behave differently and the driver has to drive around the car sometimes..you never know downforce and setup..someone may appear to shred tires but maybe the car is just not working..unless you have a team-mate for comparison, it's hard to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor