• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Green appliances are back!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I believe American Aviator is the brand.

It's a "fleiger" style watch, which is a pilot style, popularized by the Germans in the early 20th century. There were a handful of brands that made them for the luftwaffe (Laco, Lang & Sohne, IWC, Stowa, and Wempe), and some people try to collect originals from each brand ($$$).
I am sure that mine is a cheap copy, because it was under $10.00 when I purchased the watch. That is what I wanted for a fishing watch, the green nylon band is very durable in saltwater when I get it wet. It is also easy to keep clean and I feel that is an important feature for my fishing watch.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Limited edition bar tape to match your stove. Get it before it’s gone.

A114CC1D-85ED-4464-95D4-40AB34E122C8.jpeg

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Those colors are fine. Better than fingerprint diseased stainless steel and black.

Heh just got a green watch. Haven’t worn one in years. Last watch in color I bought was an orange dial Swatch. Might have been last century.
View attachment 131127
My watch looked like this the first 4 years, but eventually the strap was looking pretty beat.

Chandler.png

That band was always very stiff. So it's been replaced with brown leather.

PXL_20210420_075829253.MP.jpg

I like watches where I can read the numbers in the middle of the night. I had Indiglo for years, but they rarely survived battery replacement because the case is hard to open, so I gave up on them. This one is solar powered.

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
That (greyish) green cooker isn't so bad...
It's not like it's a 1970's Avocado Toilet Suite

And then there's this lovely thing... and i don't mean the Swedish Blonde in the leather troosers ;-)

_porsche-911-the-bridge_1.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
And then there's this lovely thing... and i don't mean the Swedish Blonde in the leather troosers ;-)
86646E57-B622-459D-94C8-82DE16A5D7E7.jpeg

Seinfeld couldn’t have picked a better car for her. Well, maybe magnesium colored rims. She was great in that series, The Bridge. Though the plot does get a little over the top.
Wasn’t she Danish, and her partner Swedish?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Please tell me those are mock-ups, or custom, and not real offerings? I actually think the fake convertible top is much, much worse than fake wood panelling.
Landau Top.... :ogbiggrin: My grandfather had a 1976 Pontiac Ventura, bright green with white interior and a white landau top... I can't even find a pic of that monstrosity on the interwebz.... :geek:

Uncle-A

Skier
Landau Top.... :ogbiggrin: My grandfather had a 1976 Pontiac Ventura, bright green with white interior and a white landau top... I can't even find a pic of that monstrosity on the interwebz.... :geek:
That is just a plain vinyl roof not a Landau.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That is just a plain vinyl roof not a Landau.
I think the one Scott posted is a Landau. And what I posted is kind of half a Landau. :ogbiggrin: (I had to look up what a Landau was, BTW. I never knew that term existed - we just called them fake convertibles when I was growing up. They were on their way out already when I was a kid.)

James

Out There
Instructor
For some reason, vinyl tops were viewed as a plus. Landau was a “classier” vinyl top I guess. How things came to that, I don’t know. Sad.

Uncle-A

Skier
I think the one Scott posted is a Landau. And what I posted is kind of half a Landau. :ogbiggrin: (I had to look up what a Landau was, BTW. I never knew that term existed - we just called them fake convertibles when I was growing up. They were on their way out already when I was a kid.)
Different car manufacturers called them different terms. I was driving a Chrysler Product back than and my 1972 and 1978 both had the partially covered roof and they called it a Landau Roof.

James

Out There
Instructor
EB1E721F-F895-49F3-882F-778F315AD07A.png

See, Pastafarianism is totally sensible when viewed through that lens.

Sponsor

Staff online