• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I just spent $200 last night on a POC FIS RH2013 helmet for my son's senior racing season in college. He only needs it for 5 gs races and any invitationals if they qualify. Just when I think I am done paying for his equipment I get hit one more time.;)

As my wife always tells..."stop complaining you love spending money on ski racing, spending it on anything else not so much"

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
I thought Bode Miller, after he split from the USST and formed Team America, should have raced with a "Captain America" helmet. He could have sold thousands of them after he won his last overall (not that he needs the $). Anyhow, I wish someone would revive the design. Perhaps PUGSKI.
EasyRider.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Just ordered some new goggles from Haber to go with my new helmet.

Ahh, I love when people give me money for Christmas.

Haber.jpg

Ed Wasserman

Weekend Warrior
Skier
My helmet has saved me from the safety bar many many times.
My head never caught the bar until I started wearing a helmet, now it's a constant thing.

You would think I was wearing one of these:
ngbbs43756bea0a12a.jpg

Redleg

Groomer Gooner
Skier
Question: has anyone used silicone paints on the outside of their helmet?

Most of these are diluted with toluene to get them sprayable, which is part of the reason I ask.

Wondering about repainting also. Have a matte black Vantage that I'd like to make a bit more hi-viz.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Internal fan?

Someone gave you money for Christmas? Was yours in mint shape?

Wow - already arrived!
image.jpeg

I have 2 fans I can pull from other goggles.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My head never caught the bar until I started wearing a helmet, now it's a constant thing.

You would think I was wearing one of these:
ngbbs43756bea0a12a.jpg

I whack my head getting on Chair 6 at Breckenridge every single time I get on. And it is not the safety bar I hit - it is the chair itself. I am 6'3" barefoot, but with skis, bindings, boots and a helmet I probably am 6'6".

Sponsor